Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

1 minute ago, Lenny777 said:

V4 when you click the front of the throttle (plate) turns the pilots on/off.

awesome thanks.  What about the chocks and covers?

Mitchell Haughee

nevermind I figured it out.  It is the copilot yoke plate.

Mitchell Haughee

Just now, 737guy1 said:

awesome thanks.  What about the chocks and covers?

It was somewhere in that 220 page manual...lol

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Just now, 737guy1 said:

nevermind I figured it out.  It is the copilot yoke plate.

That's it!

Engines sounds from the interior are awesome.

I actually created my own sounds for the aircraft.  Not sure that I could release it though.  The ones that come with it now are significantly improved over the previous version.

Mitchell Haughee

Anyone finished a full flight ... short review on the flight and aircraft systems?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

16 hours ago, vonmar said:

Anyone finished a full flight ... short review on the flight and aircraft systems?

I'd suggest reading the big manual. Lot of system modeling. Lot's of switches.  I've also downloaded the actual Lear model 25 manual and the systems are pretty nicely paralleled. One peculiarity is that the dual emergency battery system is really taking the place of an APU in the jet which there was no APU. Therefore, when prepping the cockpit if you turn the  batteries on the 'APU' will disengage. Could have a battery drain so you're forced to keep the 'APU' on with no batteries until you're ready to start the engines and generators. I saw no GPU modeled so I don't know why this was done. Just should have modeled a GPU.

I did a flight and it flys by hand very well. Had to get used to the vertical climb, thrust, etc. so I'm still learning this bird. The GTN750 though is a nice addition and easy to install as noted in the beginning of this thread. It captured the LOC without a problem for a nice VLOC approach.

Given the huge amount of animations in the cockpit I was surprised there are no animations in the cabin with the shades and tables for example. Although the textures are very nice.

The lighting is peculiar as well. When you turn the taxi or landing lights on your whole cockpit lights up. Don't know what the deal is here.

But I'm still trying a couple of cold and dark starts just to get the hang of the systems. Sounds are great. Anybody looking for biz jet this should be high on your list. 

I did the Flight1 GTN-650/750 mod and I can bring up the 650/750 using the 'GTN Stack' menu and they function but they aren't in the panel.  I missed a step somewhere.  Any advise appreciated.  :biggrin:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

10 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I did the Flight1 GTN-650/750 mod and I can bring up the 650/750 using the 'GTN Stack' menu and they function but they aren't in the panel.  I missed a step somewhere.  Any advise appreciated.  :biggrin:

Bill

Did you press the ' select optional panel' button just below the APPR button on the front panel? It's just on top where the avionics should be.

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Did you press the ' select optional panel' button just below the APPR button on the front panel? It's just on top where the avionics should be.

LOL... I have exactly the same issue and thought I went grazy.
Was 110% sure I had made the change in the panel.cfg but no GNS in the VC.
Now it appears I have to press a magic button :biggrin:

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

4 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

I'd suggest reading the big manual. Lot of system modeling.

Thanks for the additional information also.

I am reading the 200 page manual.

My main question was.. how does it fly on a full flight and do all the systems work properly?

"The lighting is peculiar as well. When you turn the taxi or landing lights on your whole cockpit lights up. Don't know what the deal is here."

I wonder about that also.

Good FPS ?

Any problems .. e.g., freezing ., CTD .. other problems in FSX or P3Dv4?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

9 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

LOL... I have exactly the same issue and thought I went grazy.
Was 110% sure I had made the change in the panel.cfg but no GNS in the VC.
Now it appears I have to press a magic button :biggrin:

Why no I didn't.  :biggrin:  I thought that I had seen some mention of what turns out to be that button but I couldn't find the comment later.  Thanks Lenny.  I can quit scratching my head now.  I don't have enough hair left to pull any out.  :laugh:

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

If you are concerned about the optimize parts mod to the P3DV4 cfg, you can download and install the 2.1 FSX version into P3DV4. There is even an updated sound gauge on the website for 64 bit. I have done this and the Lear appears to work completely, including all switches and sounds. I think it handles much better than the 2.0 version.

Greg 

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

I had read about the various issues and mods and being able to use the FSX version.  I did the mods and now that I know where the ' select optional panel' button is, all is well.  :biggrin:  All the cockpit functions are there and the GTN 650/750 mod works also.  Thanks for the input.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG