Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

Just now, vgbaron said:

What brightness issue? Mine looks perfect in panel and in popup.

But they do *IF* Dynamic Lighting is on. Without DL they work as expected.

Vic

The bezels around the gtn screen look totally bright at night if i have the flood lights off.

Juan Ramos

I don't see that effect at all. If I turn all the panel lights off, everything is black.  :)  back on and it's normal.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

But they do *IF* Dynamic Lighting is on. Without DL they work as expected.

Yes, exactly.

"Checking this option will cause the same unwanted effect from multiple light sources: light will pass through walls and illuminate the cockpit (we noticed this issue with a few vehicles, unless the lights are located in front of the cabin/cockpit). This seems to be a sim issue and we recommend unchecking this option until we can find a fix to circle around it."

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

DL (dynamic lighting) off = no landing lights during taxi / takeoff, and during approach and landing .. correct?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

This is what I see. The bright bezel with panel lights on is normal.

Vic

2017-8-26_14-13-55-595 (Large).jpg

2017-8-26_14-13-43-34 (Large).jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That right there its my issue. the gtn gauges look bright just as in your screenshot

Juan Ramos

That's normal for the GTN. You could see if there's a setting in the GTN that can darken it.

Vic

9 minutes ago, vonmar said:

DL (dynamic lighting) off = no landing lights during taxi / takeoff, and during approach and landing .. correct?

I see them but they aren't very bright. The DL seems to affect in cockpit but not outside. IMHO, they could be brighter.

Vic

7 minutes ago, xender said:

The bezels around the gtn screen look totally bright at night if i have the flood lights off.

Maybe this is how the developer wanted the bezel to be lit at night. Bezels should normally look dimmed or partly lit at night and brighter during the day.

"no_luminous" should be commented ( // ) or set to "no_luminous=0" for the gauge entry in the "panel.cfg".

In our model, the optional panels use the "blendUserControlled" method of blending at night for the gauges.

Flood Lights are like VC (Cabin) lights: they will illuminate the panel globally, including the gauges.

If you turn off the Instrument Lights (with all other lights off), everything will go black at night.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

1 minute ago, Xtreme67 said:

Maybe this is how the developer wanted the bezel to be lit at night. Bezels should normally look dimmed or partly lit at night and brighter during the day.

"no_luminous" should be commented ( // ) or set to "no_luminous=0" for the gauge entry in the "panel.cfg".

In our model, the optional panels use the "blendUserControlled" method of blending at night for the gauges.

Flood Lights are like VC (Cabin) lights: they will illuminate the panel globally, including the gauges.

If you turn off the Instrument Lights (with all other lights off), everything will go black at night.

I see. Thanks!

Btw i think there's a bug with the pressurization system. If you set the rate controller all the way to DECR while youre at say FL450 the cabin altitude will reach sea level if you wait a few minutes. I dont know for sure if that's a bug but it looks strange

Juan Ramos

What Alian said, setting "no_luminous=0" took care of the bright bezels.  After messing around all afternoon I just re- enabled the GTN-650 and the 650/750 both work fine now.  No sluggish operation for the 750.  :blink:

I'm loving this aircraft.  :biggrin:  It has gone straight to the top as my favorite. 

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

14 minutes ago, xender said:

Btw i think there's a bug with the pressurization system. If you set the rate controller all the way to DECR while youre at say FL450 the cabin altitude will reach sea level if you wait a few minutes. I dont know for sure if that's a bug but it looks strange

You don't want to do that... (and there is no bug to our knowledge)

Of course, you are re-pressurizing the cabin (useful in case of a sudden depressurization)... But the differential pressure will be exceeded (above 9 psi). So increase the climb rate to depressurize to FL450 (approx. 7,700 ft. cabin altitude). You can click the Control Knob to reset it to zero and adjust the rate of climb (or descent). When the target altitude is reached, the pressurization system will reset the climb rate to 0 ft./min. and maintain the cabin pressure until you select another attitude/climb rate.

Differential pressure should always be under 9 psi:

[pressurization]
design_cabin_pressure     = 10.0        // (psi)
max_pressure_differential = 8.9            // (psi)

There is no special trick in the GLJ pressurization system. It uses the variables and commands of the sim.

Just set the Cabin Altitude Controller to the target cruise altitude (before takeoff) or to the destination field elevation (before descent), and don't touch it anymore - unless absolutely necessary.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

@Xtreme67

"Manuals are updated regularly, so please make sure you have the most recent version"

This is good to know but it would be useful if you included the document date and/or version number on the download page so it would be clear if you already have the latest version....

boez

andy

7 hours ago, boez said:

@Xtreme67

"Manuals are updated regularly, so please make sure you have the most recent version"

This is good to know but it would be useful if you included the document date and/or version number on the download page so it would be clear if you already have the latest version....

boez

andy

The revision date appears on the upper right corner of the cover page of the PDF manual. But your suggestion is excellent and I will ask our webmaster to add the date on the webpage as well. Thanks for notifying us.

• Upvote 1

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

Having issues with the Lear.  I down-loaded the Version for Prepar3d V4 and I get yellow flashing line in the VC cockpit and most of the yoke is not displayed.  Dynamic lighting is off.