Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

17 minutes ago, le_mob20 said:

So there is no F1 GTN Virtual Cockpit integration? Is that correct? :/

There is. Instructions are in the manual :)

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I was searching for a GLJ25 reference guide and found here a nice one:

Ref Guide GLJ25

Have fun

• Upvote 2

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Nice find!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, le_mob20 said:

So there is no F1 GTN Virtual Cockpit integration? Is that correct? :/

As per gregmorin -

GTN 650/750

Here the panel cfg from V2.0

// First optional panel ------------------------------------

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
no_luminous=1
texture=$GLJ25_02_G_C
//gauge00=Lear_45_XML!PFD,248,119,536,800
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,248,119,536,525,UNIT1.VC
gauge01=F1GTN!GTN650,248,644,536,275,UNIT1.VC

And my initial problem which was a non-problem.  :biggrin:

From lenny777 -

>Posted August 24 · Report post

On 8/24/2017 at 10:08 PM, Bill Griffith said:

I did the Flight1 GTN-650/750 mod and I can bring up the 650/750 using the 'GTN Stack' menu and they function but they aren't in the panel.  I missed a step somewhere.  Any advise appreciated. 

Bill

Did you press the ' select optional panel' button just below the APPR button on the front panel? It's just on top where the avionics should be.<

I hadn't and when I did they worked just fine.  :blink:

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Additional info

Bill  N7IBG     

Now it's working :). Thank you very much for the support. What a lovely plane!!

But one (hopefully) last question: When i switch on landing lights and /or taxi lights, the whole cockpit is illuminated. Anyone with the same problem?

1 hour ago, le_mob20 said:

Now it's working :). Thank you very much for the support. What a lovely plane!!

But one (hopefully) last question: When i switch on landing lights and /or taxi lights, the whole cockpit is illuminated. Anyone with the same problem?

You have to turn of Dynamic Lighting when flying this aircraft.  I think that it has something to do with the way this aircraft is implemented and P3D'd lighting.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Mh ok..thank you for your answer :).

Are there any information about the engine climb seetings around? With Climb Thrust set to 90% and a TOW of 13.000 LBS i reach FL450 within 5 Minutes....i know this bird is a little rocket but this is a bit insane, isn't?  And one more question about the IAS Mode: Normally, this mode works in other private jets like FL Change in a Boeing. The autopilot change the pitch of the aircraft to keep a the desired speed. In the GLJ, i have to use the vertical speed mode?  Is that correct?

Shortly after takeoff and I mean 'Shortly', I select airspeed hold to keep things from getting out of hand. :ohmy:   Airspeed hold seems to control the throttles in this case.

From the manual -

1. SPD (Airspeed Hold Mode) Switch and Light This switch engages the autopilot speed (SPD) hold mode. The SPD hold mode maintains the aircraft at the indicated airspeed that existed when the switch was depressed. The SPD Hold Switch must be used at altitudes below 29,000 feet. Like on the real aircraft, above 29,000 feet, the autopilot will automatically switch to the MACH hold mode. In the sim, speed hold is accomplished by the autothrottle.

Edit:  I haven't found any reference to an autothrottle function in the real aircraft.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Yes, there is. Instructions are contained in the manual. It presently requires edits to the panel folder but works great. In order to utilize the weather radar and keep the old school vibe, I chose the RXP GNS 530 and it looks and works great as well.

There is no auto throttle on a Learjet 25, the IAS mode when engaged is strictly a function of pitch control to maintain the desired speed.The pilot will manually establish the desired IAS for climb then engage the IAS mode, the pilot will have to manually set sufficient thrust to maintain that performance. I would never use V/S for a climb, it is used for enroute descent and accomplished the same way as previously described. On another note the performance chart EPR number is used to set thrust for takeoff to achieve the published performance numbers for takeoff distance , climb gradient requirements etc. We would typically use 98% for enroute climb. I can positively state you would not be able to reach FL450 in a five minute climb from takeoff. It is a flight simulation, and no way can replicate actual real world performance numbers.

Gary Stewart

So I can use the reality xp 530 in 3d in the VC IN P3D V4 and keep the weather radar?

Does anyone have a screenshot of all of this working?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

This aircraft looks very intresting

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

This aircraft looks very intresting

It is amazing, I love it and have flown it extensively...accurate and deep systems and that wonderful experience of flying something analog. Looks good, flies well. 

However, I have hangared the aircraft because when you bank the aircraft, the HSI initially turns significantly in the opposite direction (!) before turning back toward the way it should and then "catches up" with the heading it should be indicating. It is more significant effect the steeper the bank. It's really problematic if you are trying to do accurate IFR flying--it could initially swing 30 degrees the wrong direction before "coming back". 

I emailed the dev about this and he provided a robust response, noting they are aware of it and have scoured the code to see what explains this incorrect behaviour but have not been able to find it. Unless that has changed (this was about 1 month ago), then this issue is still going on. I'm sure it's frustrating for the dev, who has put so much love and complexity into this aircraft, but I found it disheartening that there was no indication about a future fix. To me it's crazy--there must surely be a fix to make the HSI work properly. Disappointed it's not being pursued.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

2 hours ago, Purr said:

It is amazing, I love it and have flown it extensively...accurate and deep systems and that wonderful experience of flying something analog. Looks good, flies well. 

However, I have hangared the aircraft because when you bank the aircraft, the HSI initially turns significantly in the opposite direction (!) before turning back toward the way it should and then "catches up" with the heading it should be indicating. It is more significant effect the steeper the bank. It's really problematic if you are trying to do accurate IFR flying--it could initially swing 30 degrees the wrong direction before "coming back". 

I emailed the dev about this and he provided a robust response, noting they are aware of it and have scoured the code to see what explains this incorrect behaviour but have not been able to find it. Unless that has changed (this was about 1 month ago), then this issue is still going on. I'm sure it's frustrating for the dev, who has put so much love and complexity into this aircraft, but I found it disheartening that there was no indication about a future fix. To me it's crazy--there must surely be a fix to make the HSI work properly. Disappointed it's not being pursued.

Unslave the Gyro.

I had this issue using the FSX version in P3DV4. It looks like the mag compass lead and lag is present in the DG when it is slaved. The switch is in the upper  left of the panel. I have not noticed the issue in P3DV4.1 using the P3DV4 version installer. 

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz