Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

Good to hear Greg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks Greg for this, I will give it a try!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Am reading the manual and people reporting the VC lights up with landing lights/taxi light should do the same.

It says you need to turn off DL

Its amazing what you can learn when you read one:biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

After reading the manual I am very interested in buying this aircraft.

What are the FPS like for a complex aircraft of this size.

I would have to buy the v4 version of the gtn 750 to go with it.

It sounds like it’s right up there with the best.

After doing the first fight in v4 with the q400 am binning it.

So Very interested in this little , could be gem!

This baby is surprisingly tough on FPS, probably due go some really nice modelling. But it's nothing like your FLS A320 or TFDi 717, probably close to the NGX, so you should be fine.

I own and really like this model, but it's not without its idyosyncrosies. Not that 'deep' IMHO.

And... the 'Eight' track only plays four tracks! :angry:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

This Lear is a real kick.  One of my favorite aircraft.  "And... the 'Eight' track only plays four tracks! "  It would be nice if there were more tracks but you can install the four tracks of your choice and change them from time to time.  For my setup I would say that the Lear is between the NGX and the Q400 FPS wise.

From the Xtreme Prototypes Flight Manual -

Section 4 Page 9

To play your own music, simply convert four of your favorite music pieces to .wav files and renamed them:
SND31.wav
SND32.wav
SND33.wav
SND34.wav
Copy these files to the “extra” folder that is contained in the “sound” folder of the addon’s main folder. The “extra” folder contains the cockpit sound effects, including the music from the 8-track tape player.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Well if it's NG+ that's great.

9 hours ago, odourboy said:

the 'Eight' track only plays four tracks! 

That woke me up! :biggrin:

It is a nice aircraft but not as detailed as the Q400 or the FSL to name aircraft you know and own.

Also the avionics part is much lighter (mind you it is accurate) but if you like to play with the FMS navdata and so on you will be disappointed as there is none like in the real aircraft.

To add just the GTN 750 is this right? it look like it would be square?

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
no_luminous=1
texture=$GLJ25_02_G_C
//gauge00=Lear_45_XML!PFD,248,119,536,800
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,248,119,536,525,UNIT1.VC

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

To add just the GTN 750 is this right? it look like it would be square?

[Vcockpit03]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
no_luminous=1
texture=$GLJ25_02_G_C
//gauge00=Lear_45_XML!PFD,248,119,536,800
gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,248,119,536,525,UNIT1.VC

As I recall, that is correct.  Leaves a blank at the bottom of the panel.  I went back and added the 650 as there didn't seem to be any performance hit.

I had upgraded using the GTN 650/750 Complete package.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Bill  N7IBG     

Thank you Bill

Iv'e found this to be a great aircraft & have flown it starting with the previous version (2.0) from the west coast of the US to New Zealand starting at Palm Springs, up through Alaska, back down through the Alpine area then across to the east coast via Orbx Meigs. From there it was across the pond to Norway, UK, Spain then Innsbruck, Austria. This was with v2. Had a break for a while awaiting the next version. When v2.1 came out I continued my trip via Croatia, Turkey, India, then down to Perth Australia via Malaysia & Indonesia. Following that I flew her across to Coffs Harbour on the east coast of Aus then to NZWR on the north island of NZ. Yesterday I flew from there to NZQN Queenstown on the south island.

All this with Active Sky real weather & with lodged flight plans using default ATC (painful at times). You really do understand why this is a two pilot aircraft when you use ATC, even the default one. Handling the radios, frequency changes etc. after take of can make for some exciting moments. I have disabled the auto throttle as it is not realistic & so speed control at times during busy climb out can be a challenge. This thing really is a rocket however if you let her get behind the power curve in climb then speed can decay surprisingly quickly. I do confess to having heard the stick shaker a couple of times lol.

To help I've done up quite a comprehensive check list which I integrated into the GTN 750/650 combo Iv'e installed. Comes in handy at times but when used really highlights the amount of work required prior to getting this bird into the air. She definitely is not a "kick the tires & light the fires"  type of aircraft.

Any way it's back to Aus via Tasmania then up the east coat to Cairns then on to Port Moresby PNG next. Don't know where I'll go after that however I picked up the Majestic Dash 8 whilst it was on sale recently. It's "sitting under the Xmas tree" at present so I can't use it for a while yet but looking forward to it when I do.

Rant over but just wanted to point out that I've used this aircraft quite extensively over the past twelve months or so & really have found it a pleasure & a challenge at times to fly. I have looked at numerous vids in You Tube plus dug up a training manual on line to help in coming to grips with her & to operate as realistically as possible at all times. Alain & the team at Xtreme Prototypes really have done a great job in putting this Lear together & continue to evolve her with updates & minor corrections over time.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

This has been the only plane I've been flying for awhile now. I use it with the GTN 750 & the AS16 weather radar below it. It's not the easiest plane to fly but I enjoy the challenge. 

On 26.8.2017 at 11:17 PM, vgbaron said:

This is what I see. The bright bezel with panel lights on is normal.

Vic

2017-8-26_14-13-55-595 (Large).jpg

2017-8-26_14-13-43-34 (Large).jpg

Guys can someone please confirm me that the no_luminous=0 setting in the panel.cfg works! My GTN750 lights out like a christmas tree with the panel lights on!

thanks

Bruno

Bruno 

Not sure what is going on, but for some reason I am no longer getting the emergency batteries to work. Also the red lights for the gear test don't work nor do the fuel quantities work. I reinstall the plane and for the first flight everything works, but after that they don't work and I have to reinstall the plane every time I want to fly it. Low oil pressure and low hydraulic pressure, infact  the oil pressure gauge just sits at zero. 

Anyone have any idea's to why this is happening and how to stop it so I don't have to reinstall this plane everyday?

Thank you

Angelo