Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

44 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

No Speed hold does not work but frankly I don’t want to use it even if it did work. This aircraft is so good and I prefer to use VS and manual thrust.

Don’t miss out on this aircraft just because Speed hold. Think of it as INOP.

This aircraft is old school and with the GTN750 is as enjoyable as anything to me to fly.

Take off pull the throttles back AP on, set VS when cleared to climb to 4000ft per min. Reset to 1000 Fpm when within 3000ft of cruise.

Crazy fast and stunning aircraft. It explains in the manual about Speed hold and why they did it the way they did. But never tried it and ever needed it.

Speed Hold is quite an old school mode for this type of aircraft, it is convenient and very useful mode at takeoff both in simming and rw, when your hands and mind are full. Without AT speed hold is more important than VS if you ask me. Besides it used to be so much fun to fly it for me, take ES CX 2.0 alone.

But honestly the eye candy in this aircraft is stunning and I feel itching to buy it . 

Therefore I think I'll master FSS LJ35A first (with the improved VC textures from their downloads :)) and wait for this important function update from the developer of XP GLJ25.

Thanks,

Edited by Dirk98

34 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

... and wait for this important function update from the developer of XP GLJ25.

I suspect you'll be waiting a long time. I don't know for a fact, but I don't expect the dev is in any hurry to change the speed hold. One of these days I might see if I can recode that bit myself.

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

This aircraft is so good!  I know the speed hold is not realistic but it works - and saves me rocketing through 250k below 10,000 and ultimately from overspeed at (I think) 359k.  (I’ve found if you allow it to overspeed the autopilot can disconnect and all hell breaks loose).

I forgive the developer for this minor imperfection!  

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I suspect you'll be waiting a long time. I don't know for a fact, but I don't expect the dev is in any hurry to change the speed hold. One of these days I might see if I can recode that bit myself.

I have no idea about coding an aircraft, but what is so difficult in adding this function to the hell of a job already done on it?

And yes, please do it even if you leave the SH mod to yourself only, the plane deserves it. Somebody posted a nice winter video of it on Youtube Feb 1, Liking. 

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Have you got DL ON? The CLJ needs them turned OFF and all should be well.

David, what is DL?

Update: Dynamic Lighting. Got it.

Thanks

Hello guys. Yesterday i‘ve bought the learjet. The gtn integration was very easy after i‘ve found the opt panel button. :D

But i have a second problem and i want to know if it is a bug or a problem on my side.

When i switch for example the gear lever with the mouse, i have the sound from the lever. But if i press the gear lever button on my joystick, i dont have a sound.

I have installed the v4 version and the seperaten sound file from the homepage. Maybe that was or is the problem. 

Did somebody of you have the same problem?

2 hours ago, Lling said:

Did somebody of you have the same problem?

No problems with the 'original' sound installation, I wasn't aware of a 'separate sound file'

I have the GLJ25 installed in the Add-Ons folder and that needs a mod to a path for the sound gauge :-

gauge00=XPGL25v2_Sound!FBGS_XMLSound, 18,5,1,1,D:\Users\??meoryou??\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Xteme Phototypes\SimObjects\Airplanes\\XP_Gates_Learjet_25_v2r1\\sound\\extra#48

note the drive location may differ

bob

Edited by onebob

Ok i find out, what the real problem is.

If i press the button on my joystick, the flaps are moving. But the flaps switch in the cockpit doesn't move. Thats why, i can't hear sound of the switch.

Edited by Lling

I've only had this aircraft for 2 days so my learning curve has been almost vertical. I'm making good progress but have a question about the Yaw Damper.

I have GoFlight modules and have assigned Yaw Damper to one of the switches. For some reason the Lear doesn't respond to this action and instead seems to work only with it's own On / Off buttons. This seems odd when most other actions are linked to default P3D actions.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another question. I've searched for Lear 25SE on t'internet but the only links point to this aircraft. So there's doesn't appear to have been a 25SE in the real world. Which Lear does it match? 25B, 25C or 25D?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Another question. I've searched for Lear 25SE on t'internet but the only links point to this aircraft. So there's doesn't appear to have been a 25SE in the real world. Which Lear does it match? 25B, 25C or 25D?

Quote from the manual:-

"With the longer-range Gates Learjet Model 25D, from which this addon is inspired"

edit  page 11

bob

Edited by onebob

Thanks Bob. I did read that but it didn't confirm the specs were identical. I'll assume they were.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The review/Forward note by Alan Velazquez. suggest his favourite is the L25D in RW flying and compares it to his testing of the FS - 25E. I think that's all we got to go on Ray.

bob 

I've downloaded and installed a profile for PFPX but the numbers are quite different to what I'm finding on the web. I'll have to fly a few test flights to gauge fuel consumption and tweak PFPX accordingly.

One question if you know the answer otherwise I'll dig into the manual. Is there a sequence for filling with fuel? Would left, right and centre tanks be filled first with any excess going into the wing tanks last?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry not getting back, watching Morse Wing tips then wing tanks get used first, then switch to centre by setting switch (edit.. xfer switch ) on lower fuel control  panel.

Bob

Edited by onebob
  • Upvote 1