Sign in to follow this  
BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

11 hours ago, Guevorkyan said:

I'm having some issues with the gyros. They tend precess pretty badly and the AP in HDG mode usually errs 10 degrees from the bug.

When you initiate a manual or automated turn, the gyro will instantly turn about 30 degrees initially. It's very difficult to perform a normal coordinated turn that way. I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this.

P3D4 with the FSX model.

Unslave the Gyro.

I am also using the FSX version in P3DV4. It looks like the mag compass lead and lag is present in the DG when it is slaved. The switch is in the upper  left of the panel.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Just now, gregmorin said:

Unslave the Gyro.

I am also using the FSX version in P3DV4. It looks like the mag compass lead and lag is present in the DG when it is slaved. The switch is in the upper  left of the panel.

Greg

Ok, will try that. I thought about that but it was a strange workaround

Santiago de Larminat

6 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

No, I don't.

Just to verify the gauge or gauges with the problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Just now, vonmar said:

Just to verify the gauge or gauges with the problem?

All my other airplanes' gyros work ok. Don't know what you mean, sorry

Santiago de Larminat

16 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

All my other airplanes' gyros work ok. Don't know what you mean, sorry

"When you initiate a manual or automated turn, the gyro will instantly turn about 30 degrees initially."

Which gauge or gauges are you looking at that have (show) the problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

"When you initiate a manual or automated turn, the gyro will instantly turn about 30 degrees initially."

Oh I see. I've only checked this with the left seat's gyro. I will check if the the other gyro does the same.

Santiago de Larminat

39 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Unslave the Gyro.

Greg

That did it, thanks.

20 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Both gyros did the same. I unslaved them and now they precess normally.

Santiago de Larminat

So bit the bullet and purchased this today after reading all the good reviews. However I've tried 3 times to download the file and it fails every time. The d/l rate fluctuates like mad and I can't get the download to complete properly. I read somewhere that someone else was having the same issue. This is really frustrating :( 

Trying again with a download manager this time, see if that helps.

11 minutes ago, JRS182 said:

So bit the bullet and purchased this today after reading all the good reviews. However I've tried 3 times to download the file and it fails every time. The d/l rate fluctuates like mad and I can't get the download to complete properly. I read somewhere that someone else was having the same issue. This is really frustrating :( 

Trying again with a download manager this time, see if that helps.

Get in contact with the developer, they sorted it fast for me.

Santiago de Larminat

5 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

Get in contact with the developer, they sorted it fast for me.

I would but the support page one their website wont even load for me.

Just keep trying and you will eventually get full download. I remember trying 3 times with a download manager before I finally got a download to complete--and yes, it is most aggravating, but what are you going to do? Just go with the flow if you really want it.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Unslave the Gyro.

Greg

The gyro in the GLJ Model 25 addon is of the electric type (as set in the “aircraft.cfg”):

[direction_indicators]

direction_indicator.0 = 2   // 0 = None, 1 = Vacuum gyro, 2 = Electric gyro, 3 = Electro-mag slaved compass, 4 = Slaved to another indicator

Selecting "type 3" (electro-mag slaved compass) would be similar to unslaving the gyro (switch set to FREE), but without the need to reset the gyro periodically. This is because this type of gyro continuously compares the indicated heading to the value it receives from a magnetic sensing element (in other words, it is slaved to magnetic north).

You can change this setting to “3” in the “aircraft.cfg”. However, due to some limitations in the simulator, the FREE position of the switch will no longer allow you to make manual corrections (they are no longer needed after all with this type of gyro). This is why we've decided to set the direction indicator type in the “aircraft.cfg” to "2" (electric) instead of “3” but it can easily be changed to type “3” if you prefer.

The real Learjet 25 uses a magnetic flux valve to automatically correct the gyro drift when the switch is set to SLAVE but would still allow you to make manual corrections when the switch is set to FREE.

We never noticed a 10-degree drift ourselves (and this is the first time it is reported), but we did notice a slight movement of the gyro card in the opposite direction of the turn at the beginning of the turn, under certain conditions (speed, altitude, length of the turn, geoposition, etc. -- remember, the Lear 25 is a hot rod and it moves fast...). After one or two seconds, it resets itself to the correct heading and there is no more lag.

We’ve looked at our code, which is pretty standard for the gyro cards, and we can’t find anything that would explain this behavior. It might be related to the way “type 2” electric gyros are programmed in the sim but we’ll need to investigate this matter further to be certain.

From your manual, section 4, page 18:

Directional Gyro Free/Slave Switch -- When the switch is set to SLAVE, the directional gyro is slaved to the magnetic flux valve for correcting the apparent gyro drift. When the switch is set to FREE, the pilot is free to make manual corrections with the Gyro Drift Compensation Switch (see above). The SLAVE position is the normal mode of operation in areas where magnetic references are reliable. Actuating this switch will disengage the autopilot.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)

Thanks Alain

Yes I experimented the gyro turning the opposite direction upon initiating a roll turn or steering turn. That it fairly realistic IMO as is typical of how a vacuum gyro works.

The 10° drift I talk about, can be reproduced when the AP is ON and in HDG mode. After some time en-route, it would drift the said amount of degrees. I would suppose it's a limitation in the sim when it takes into account the sudden magentic variation of a given place. I believe there was a key button in the sim which would reset the gyro.

Santiago de Larminat

21 minutes ago, Guevorkyan said:

Thanks Alain

Yes I experimented the gyro turning the opposite direction upon initiating a roll turn or steering turn. Tha it fairly realistic IMO as is typical of how a vacuum gyro works.

The 10° drift I talk about, can be reproduced when the AP is ON and in HDG mode. After some time en-route, it would drift the said amount of degrees. I would suppose it's a limitation in the sim when it takes into account the sudden magentic variation of a given place. I believe there was a key button in the sim which would reset the gyro.

We are testing this at this time and so far, we can't reproduce it from our position. But we'll let the sim run on AP for a while to see what happens. Of course, some gyro types will drift after a while due to magnetic variations, depending on your location/position, and would need to be reset.

Alain Rouleau

Producer - X-Series
Xtreme Prototypes, Inc.
Montreal (Canada)