BLACKCLIP

Xtreme prototypes GLJ25

218 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I don't think there's a 3D gauge of the GNS or GTN am I correct?  I don't have version  2.1 installed so I cannot confirm 

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. You are right. I would like to install the F1 GNS530 2D Version "WITHOUT BEZEL" into the existing GPS500 3D Bezel of the Learjet.

My trial with gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530VC,265,310,480,385, UNIT1 didn´t work. Maybe i am not hitting the correct position in the VC?

With this gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530,265,310,480,385, UNIT1.VC  the GPS is visible in the VC (GPS500 Bezel) but also with it´s own bezel visible what i do not want.

Hopefully XP will implement a real 3D integration of the F1 GNS and GTN in the future. I am sure they will :-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

40 minutes ago, EDHE27 said:

I am sorry for the misunderstanding. You are right. I would like to install the F1 GNS530 2D Version "WITHOUT BEZEL" into the existing GPS500 3D Bezel of the Learjet.

My trial with gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530VC,265,310,480,385, UNIT1 didn´t work. Maybe i am not hitting the correct position in the VC?

With this gauge00=F1GNS!GNS530,265,310,480,385, UNIT1.VC  the GPS is visible in the VC (GPS500 Bezel) but also with it´s own bezel visible what i do not want.

Hopefully XP will implement a real 3D integration of the F1 GNS and GTN in the future. I am sure they will :-)

I asked them about this native 3D version of the GTN in the VC and while they have strong feelings for maintaining the integrity of the era this plane was built in, they also understand many of their customers are fans of the GTN and GNS. They said they were looking into this native integration for the next update.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the same feedback from XP. Therefore I stopped my trials to integrate the F1 GNS530 without bezel.

Now I implemented the 2D  F1GTN750 and F1GTN650 together with a pop-up weather radar (Roland ASN).

It is working fine. Even though during night the bezels of the GTN´s look awful (too bright compared

to the other gauges). VC brightness is already adjusted to 10. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this issue?

Hopefully the native integration will come in the near future with the next update. Really looking forward.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boez said:

v4.1 fixes the OPTIMIZE_PARTS issue :)

Awesome!  Now if Charter would just run my coax line I could get the interwebz and download this amazing update!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boez said:

v4.1 fixes the OPTIMIZE_PARTS issue :)

Great news!

Please take no offense, but I'd like to here this officially confirmed by the developer.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to check if OPTIMIZE_PARTS is still needed or not. I turned it back on, loaded the Jet and found that the cockpit is no longer screwed up as it was before 4.1

Pretty obvious. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

It's easy to check if OPTIMIZE_PARTS is still needed or not. I turned it back on, loaded the Jet and found that the cockpit is no longer screwed up as it was before 4.1

Pretty obvious. 

Not if you don't own it! :biggrin:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boez said:

v4.1 fixes the OPTIMIZE_PARTS issue :)

I will look at this when I get home.

You wonder why this wasn't mentioned in the change log.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, newtie said:

I will look at this when I get home.

You wonder why this wasn't mentioned in the change log.

It is...but towards the end under SDK changes...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, odourboy said:

Great news!

Please take no offense, but I'd like to here this officially confirmed by the developer.

None taken :)

But the developer had already indicated that LM had isolated the issue and it is stated as fixed in the change log... I'm sure they'll be along to confirm before too long for those who don't yet own the plane (well worth the purchase price BTW).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said I'd buy this once the VC artifacts issue with optimize parts was fixed... so I did. Indeed it's looking good in V4.1 and a very nice add-on all around. Just plug 'Radar Love' into the 8 track and cruise!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now