Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

AVSIMs "Whats new" and own Posts section?

But I never had to click on the "little blue dot" before.  I could simply click on the thread title and it would take me back to where I left off.

10 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Agree with the OP, hope it gets added back in, that is what I would check each day and it was a really nice feature.

Thanks!

+++1

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 3/1/2017 at 4:05 PM, Rhinozherous said:

I loved the old windows on top of the forum, where we could see the last 10 or 15 new topics and the last 5 or so topics we have made a post to.

Will they come back in the future? 

Thanks!

+1

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Was indeed convenient to have it all in one place right at the top of the page; no filters or extra clicks, a quick reference when loading the page.  I'm finding myself not spending as much time on the forums without it.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I have to agree really miss this feature used all the time please bring back

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Like others here I miss the efficiency of the old forum software when reading the Avsim forums. However, as Jim has explained, the new software needs time to completely update and then the staff needs time to learn, experiment with, and implement the new features. Until all that occurs, I have found a satisfactory work around with the help of other Avsim forum members.

Go to the "unread content" section and set up the options that you desire. Then save this page as a bookmark in your browser. You can set up different bookmarks for topics you have participated in, latest topics, etc.

After I log in to Avsim, I just click on the bookmark of what I want presented.

I generally visit Avsim once a day so I have one bookmark set to show me all the topics within the last 24 hours. When I see a topic I want to read I do not select it, but rather right click on it and open the topic in a new tab. I skim though the last 24 hours this way and open all the topics of interest in a new tab. I find this a lot quicker than waiting for the forum software to reload the list of topics after I have read one by only selecting it.

This is not as efficient as the page design of the old forum software but certainly workable for me during this transition period to a fully functional and optimized new forum software.

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

On 3/5/2017 at 3:43 PM, Ted Striker said:

This is not as efficient as the page design of the old forum software but certainly workable for me during this transition period to a fully functional and optimized new forum software.

Seems to me that this is not a transition period and the site is what it is and what is going to be, shame.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 hours ago, edpatino said:

Seems to me that this is not a transition period and the site is what it is and what is going to be, shame.

Jim or Chase said in another thread that they would try and bring back the "What's New" and "Threads you've started" sections if they could but they need to let the new software fully install and the database rebuild itself first before they start changing things. I remember when the last forum software was installed we did not have those sections from the beginning, they came awhile later. I no nothing about forum software but I imagine updating it is like getting a new version of windows: You immediately find out what you've lost and it takes awhile to figure out how to access the functions that you liked from the previous version. We'll just have to wait and see.

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I hope so. Currently takes me too long to find out what's-a-happenin across the site, specially with my almost modem performance internet connection.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I too liked the previous overview... but I came up with a solution (which works as a workaround for me...)

I have 3 saved links:

View all unread threads
View unread threads I participated in
View all threads I participated in

Not as elegant as the view in the old forums layout. But it works for me... 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 3/4/2017 at 10:03 AM, CaptKornDog said:

Was indeed convenient to have it all in one place right at the top of the page; no filters or extra clicks, a quick reference when loading the page.  I'm finding myself not spending as much time on the forums without it.

I agree with you. I haven't visited the site in a while (I used to visit daily) for that same reason. Too many clicks and the info it's not in one convenient place. I wish Avsim good luck with their new forums and hopefully the traffic does not get affected because of this change.

Vote for bringing back the original style front page layout with new post listed and our own post listed as well. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png