Sign in to follow this  
damosse

No GPS Position

Dear all,

I purchased the GTN 750 for Xplane today and everytime I try to use it, the COM panel is red and message "No GPS Position" appear on the map.

• I already tried to reinstall the GTN
  • I already tried to reinstall PC Trainer
  • I use X-plane 11 64bits (latest update)
  • Same problem in all airports
  • Same problem in all aircrafts
  • I can move the map and use all menus
  • Failures are disabled on X-plane

Content of my file rxpGTN.xpl.log :

17/03/02 10:00:35.411 10044 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.0.0

Content of my file rxpGtnSim.dll.log :

17/03/02 10:00:37.650 10044 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.0.0

Screenshot in attachment.

Regards.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Two more screenshots for versions information.

I checked again and I use V2.4 of GTN 750 and V6.21 of Garmin PC Trainer

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

I'd like you to check and confirm with dataref editor whether or not the 'failure' datarefs as listed in the RXP User's Manual ("rel_gps" etc...) are either 1 or 0. Can you report this please? If they are 1, this is normal you have failures! If they are 0, there is a bug in our plugin. 

Once done, have you tried just disabling "failures" in the GTN settings panel?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

I'm newbie on Xplane, I used FSX/P3D since about 10 years and from 1 week I installed X-Plane 11... So my install is fresh, and I didn't change anything on it (Only somes free sceneries added)

Below the content of my file Resources\plugins\Datarefs.txt that I didn't changed it :

Hi, I was referring to "dataref editor", a plugin to view and change datarefs in-sim:

http://developer.x-plane.com/tools/datarefeditor/

Just follow the download link and add the plugin in your resources/plugin folder. Then, in-sim, select the menu Plugin | Dataref Editor | show dataref (or something similar). This will list all datarefs in a transparent window, with values updating live.

Click the lower left area below the list to type the dataref name, start with "rel_" (without the quotes) to filter only datarefs starting with "rel_" prefix. These all are failure related datarefs.

Then, locate the rel_gps, rel_gps2 and rel_gp and check their values are all 0. 0 = no failure, 6 = failed.

Here is a copy of the RXP User's Manual to guide you:

sim/operation/failures/rel_gps
sim/operation/failures/rel_g430_gps1    Satellite reception failure, displays "No GPS Position" 

sim/operation/failures/rel_gp    Differential GPS failure, reduces location accuracy.
                                 Satellite reception mode switches to 3D instead of 3D-Diff."
sim/operation/failures/rel_com1    COM radios failure only.
sim/operation/failures/rel_nav1    NAV radios failure only.
sim/operation/failures/rel_navcom1    Both COM and NAV radios failure.
sim/operation/failures/rel_xpndr    Transponder failure.
sim/operation/failures/rel_marker    Audio Panel failure.

These should match the red cross.

The troubleshooting procedure is to confirm wether or not the failure dataref values match the red-cross, in order to determine if the error is in the GTN plugin code, or in XPlane (in this case XPlane setting failures value while you told it not to).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

I confirm all my datarefs according the manual are disabled (I checked each of them).

But I found the reason of my problem.  I installed X-IVAP plugin (to connect on IVAO network). And with X-IVAP plugin installed, the GTN don't work, otherwise without X-IVAP plugin, GTN work fine !

In attachment, 2 screenshots with datarefs window visible (and X-IVAP installed...GTN don't work)

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Peculiar! What version of X-IVAP plugin are you using? I'll have a look at their source code to see what they are doing, because from the GTN plugin viewpoint, it is quite simple: 

1) read the dataref value

2) is the value equal 0 ? if not, don't fail, otherwise fail.

And that's it.

However, if you go to menu Plugin | Reality XP GTN | GTN # | Settings... and uncheck "Enable Failures" is it sill showing the red crosses with X-IVAP plugin loaded?

I already checked "Enable failures" option and it's disabled (tried Enabled and no change).

I installed latest version V0.34 of X-IVAP

I can then only think of a bug of this sort (in order of importance):

1) the XP11 is giving the wrong dataref handle to X-IVAP and when the plugin writes to the dataref, it is in fact writing to another dataref. For example X-IVAP is writing /sim/indicators/blink_light/ and it is writing internally to ".../.../rel_gps"

2) X-IVAP is playing tricks with the "failure" datarefs in a way that would resemble write/read in 1 update cycle, and when our plugin reads the dataref it gets the wrong value whereas dataref editor reports the correct value (because the write/read happens before dataref editor get a chance to display it).

One thing for sure, X-IVAP is not officially supporting XP11. There is one thing you might want to try and cross check: install XP10 (demo is alright) and try both the GTN and X-IVAP in XP10 to see if there is still this issue or not. This would at least help finding if XP11 is the culprit or not, and help XPlane developers know there is a bug in the datarefs.

We've spent the day trying to solve the X-IVap plugin issue and found the problem: they are coding the plugin with values to set the com radios which are clearly documented as too old and invalid in the XPlane SDK.

This causes the audio panel to have no com and no mic selected, which makes the GMA 35 audio panel simulation telling you this is not a valid input. Just selecting COM1 on the audio panel (XPlane, not GTN) restores the GMA 35.

Since the purpose of the audio panel on the GTN is to get rid of the audio panel on the aircraft, you might not have access to the COM1 button (XPlane audio panel), therefore, in the 2.4.1 re-update we now make sure to enforce default-selecting the COM1/MIC1 and this solves all issues.*

The SDK reference:

"These are very old so should not be used. 10 = COM1 11 = COM2"

http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/mediawiki/Sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out

Comments in the X-IVAP source code...

// that value is 10 if com1 is lit, and 11 if com2 is lit
    // but somehow, you can also lite up nav1 and nav2, which doesn't make much sense,
    // because only ONE of com1, com2, nav1 and nav2 can be lit at the same time?

// I have no idea if this is correct...
    // for now i'm going to assume that if this value is 11, com2 is active, else it is com1

* 2.4.1 re-update is coming up later today.