Sign in to follow this  
nbquidditch

FAIB AI Model Issues

Hi too all... just returned to FS9 after an absence of several years. I have been updating my AI Aircraft and have noted that a lot of new paint jobs are using FAIB Models. However, I seem to have an issue with the fuselage! On every model and on every livery I'm getting strange lumps on top of the fuselage just before the tail. There so bad I'm not able to use the models. 

Has anybody had the same issues or can offer a fix?? 

Thanks in advance :)

IMG_0811.JPG

Those are the sat-domes. As long as you are using the correct livery/model combination they should appear normally in the sim.

If you use Abacus software FSRepaint to view an ai texture it may not display the sat-domes correctly, but all my FAIB ai aircraft appear in the sim with correctly painted sat-domes.

Peter Schluter

Thanks pschlute for your comments...  the photograph is actually from the sim while running. All my FAIB models running in the sim show up the same as in the photo. It doesn't matter which livery I choose. There's no symmetry to the domes, they just look like a lumpy mess.  

I dont know what to suggest. I have 30 different FAIB aircraft types, many of which have more than one model folder within them. All of them display correctly.

Have you downloaded the latest versions of the base models? Make sure you use the FS9 versions, and use a texture for that specific type and model.

Peter Schluter

Hi to all, back to FS9 after a few years off and yes I still have the above problem on every Airbus model I use from FAIB.

has been any other reports of this issue or better still a resolution. I use the latest models and the latest liveries and I still cannot resolve the issue.

Hi,

you can have a look on Maik Voigt's site "kaese2002.de" and try to understand the explanations there. He discribes just your problem. If you need the mentioned tools that are not available any more you can contact me via PN.

Good luck, stay healthy and keep it FS2004

Dedl

The reason you see all those bumps is because the appearance of the sat-domes is controlled by an alpha channel in the texture file for your aircraft.  This is common with FAIB models.   What it does is make the domes you don't want to see invisible in the sim.  It means that the texture painter has to know what to carefully and properly mask on the texture sheet.  That does not appear to be the case with the texture you applied for the Easyjet livery.  The texture does not have a proper alpha channel so you see all the variations of domes available for that particular model of aircraft.  Dedl has pointed you in the right direction. 

Greg

• Like 1

Let's see, if it takes another 3 years time before we get a feedback for our help, Greg ....

Dedl 😉