Sign in to follow this  
bjwoody61

Load flight plan directy

In the config screen under Flt Pln is a check box for "Load Cleared Flit Pln directly to P3D/FSX". I can't seem to get this to work. I may be misunderstanding this function or I'm not doing it right. Some help please.

From the P2A User's Guide:

Load Cleared Flight Plan into P3D/FSX- Check this option if you want Pilot2ATC to load the flight plan into the SIM for you.  This option requires SimConnect to be functioning with the SIM and so will not work with X-Plane.  Also, FSX may or may not have SimConnect installed so it may not work for it either.  If SimConnect is not installed, the flight plan will still be exported to the designated Flight Plan folder.

P3D has SimConnect by default, however, FSX does not.  So for this to work with FSX, you must install SimConnect for FSX.

This will load the flight plan into the SIM when you call for and receive clearance from ATC.  You can check that it worked by displaying the Flight Plan in the GPS or FMS of the aircraft you are flying.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Ok so now p2a is loading the flight plan into the sim intermittently. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions?

When it doesn't work for me, it's because there's something wrong with the flight plan. 

There could also be write permission issues, but if it works some times, that shouldn't be it.

Try manually loading it after you export it and see if P3D accepts it.

Dave

Yes FSX does accept it by loading it manually. and I have used the same fpl and sometimes yes and sometimes no.