Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

HDG mode killed by TO/GA

Also, Kyle, always willing to help. Any photos or description of parts or bits you need I'm more than willing to help.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

1 hour ago, MarkJHarris said:

I guess, what's a glaring error to me is possibly a small thing to someone else and it doesn't stop the NGX being the best add-on ever for home simulation of a complex airliner like the 737NG.

Your post seems to mention:

1. Not including every single option on the pedestal
  2. A shortcut trick in the FMC that you can ignore (much like the ability to auto-select the ZFW, and the FS ACTIONS / PMDG SETUP menus)
  3. A lack of sun visors; and
  4. A missing somewhat obscure shortcut function

None of those would seem to be glaring errors, though I do appreciate you listing out your observations. For what it's worth, anything you observe that is out of sorts when compared to the real thing that is in need of fixing should go to the support portal, which is linked in my signature.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, as I did say, what I'd consider to be glaring errors ARE different to what a Simmer would. programming that FMS is my Day Job, so inaccuracies that would be seen as useful helping features to a simmer would tend to wind me up, yet things that a simmer would never notice, but that help me do my job also may seem strange.

Que Sera. Apologies if I got your back up or made it seem like the NGX isn't as good as it could be. Not my intention. It clearly is intended for the home simmer and the "errors" I call them, are indeed helpful to those home users.

I often joke, that we go to all sorts of lengths to eliminate problems, to make sure S.O.P.s are relevant and as good as they can be, yet a quick look on Youtube will show A.N.Other on their P.C. doing everything wrong, making all sorts of mistakes and elementary errors, yet still getting from A to B without crashing.

Of course we face all sorts of things you don't get in FSX or P3D. Slots, last minute wheelchair requests, the wheelchair company just not showing up for an hour....

Drunks, passengers who just won't sit down and do their belts up, you name it.

I guess realism is always a thing to strive for so I'll head over and make a suggestion there.

Best wishes,

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Kyle, I guess it's not that important. The One thing that would be really be useful is linking minimums on both sides together. The latching of the EFIS selections might be harder to code but I cannot forsee anyone needing different altitude minimum callouts on the other side...

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

On 3/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, MarkJHarris said:

Having to select minimums individually for both sides is a pain. On the overhead panel is a switch to select either EFIS panel to control both sides, Doing this momentarily will transfer the minimums, altimeter setting, FPV on/off setting and everything else selected by the EFIS panel that is not latched by button movement, i.e. RADIO/BARO and in/mm knobs. Useful when the other guy has already put the high acceleration altitude in and you don't want to waste time winding it up..

I miss that also.  Honestly, in the sim I don't even bother setting the other side anymore.  I just set whatever side I'm flying from.  I'd be happy if they fixed the knob so it works correctly like they did in the 777 and 747.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:03 AM, JoeDiamond said:

I'd be happy if they fixed the knob so it works correctly like they did in the 777 and 747.

They were supposed to add that to SP2, but oh well.

However.. should it ever be reconsidered...

On 3/16/2017 at 9:11 PM, MarkJHarris said:

The One thing that would be really be useful is linking minimums on both sides together.

I second (third?) this.