Hi,

After a series of OOMs I have reverted back to the 376.33 driver for my GTX 1080. NVidia recently released a second hot fix driver, 378.77, has anyone had any time to test it out?

Best,

Chike

Hi.

Just did a quick test with bad results. Sitting at the gate, engines off, VC view static gave me a 150MB increase in VAS in 30 minutes. This driver is still leaking VAS in my system.

With 376.33 with the same scenario, VAS remains steady as it should.

Let's hope the next driver presents better results. I'm a little annoyed by this issue. Usually I have my drivers up-to-date and I'm stuck with the last "good" version for the foreseeable future.

Although  others here have said that the 378.77 driver stops the VAS leak, that is not my experience. The entire 378.xx driver line has the same problem.

• Upvote 1

Yeah removed it last night as kept having VAS OOM issues. Back also on 376.33

From EGFF to YSSY

Yeah it still leaks, but i just want to Know how to stop Windows 10 from updating nvidia drivers after installing 376.33 drivers?

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Device manager, find graphics card. right click properties then driver tab. press roll back until you are at 376.33

Such a shame, hopefully there will be a new class of drivers following the new graphic card releases.

8 hours ago, Holland_Holland said:

Thank you, i have an account there :D

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Do you get this magical vas leak on all aircraft or just the fsl??

You do realise that you are using the most complex and detailed addon Ever to hit the FS scene in nearly 20 years and everyone is wondering why they are having vas issues.  And pinning it on gfx cards drivers.  I just still don't buy it.

Where I live in in London there's this certain homeless guy who pounds the same 2 mile long road every day asking every one for "20p to buy himself a cup of tea and a bed for the night" he is relentless, every day he's there asking every bugger who walks past him for 20p.  He's a machine. A drunk machine just trying to make it to tomorrow.

This is what the the FS hobby is like nowadays. We are a bunch of blokes obsessed by VAS,  and how we can gain a bit here and there.  Just like the homeless guy trying to get a measly 20p from here and there.

It's a shame because the fsl (after doing about 20 flights) has the potential to be amazing.  The issue is and always has been p3d is fsx on steroids, it's still a crapply coded sim from 15 years or so that was abandoned when the xbox and ps3 came out. Theres just more money in consoles. We all know that.

And here we all are begging for vas and blaming it on ndivia.

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, tooting said:

And here we all are begging for vas and blaming it on ndivia.

Well I wouldn't put everyone on the same bag.

You are mixing two different issues on your analysis, and I believe you may have some merit on that analysis since lots of "VAS leak" reports probably are no more than simple OOMs that would happen with any driver.

But there is indeed a VAS leak on the new Nvidia drivers. In my setup this is easily reproducible and traceable. I do own the FSLabs A320 and my reports have been with it. But this leak has nothing to do with exaggerated settings, 4K textures, or anything like that. I fly with 376.33 between the most complex paywares available, using AS2016 and GSX and end my flights with more than 500MB of VAS to spare. However, with the most recent drivers if one starts the simulator and let things "stabilize" on a parked airplane VAS usage should remain the same as long as the user doesn't start changing views or flipping switches and this just doesn't happen. VAS rises steadily at a measurable rate until nothing more remains. This is a leak.

It may be covered by OOMs that would happen anyway on some (most?) user setups, but that fact doesn't justify that we should tolerate a leak in one of the most critical aspects of our simulators nowadays. Every MB counts and we can't afford leaks.

@tooting - may I ask to whom are you addressing this angry post of yours. And what is fsl ?

I seacrh the page (ctrl+f) and only time fsl is being mentioned is in your post. So.. to whom ? To OP surely you don't cause thread is opened in P3D - nVidia section, not some specific product sub-forum, I really don't get it...

edit:

Ok, I Google it, p3d + fsl did give me result which is most probably right one, this:

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/a3xx-master-series-a320-3/

but then mystery just continues, even grows, cause - no one isn't even mention A320-3 in this thread too !??

Not even "320" (double checked with ctrl+f, yes) so... I'm still puzzled. Am I alone?

sigh...

Lets get back on topic.

OK guys last weekend my 780GTX died. Tuesday I installed a new 1070. So I installed the drivers 378.77. I have done lots of flights since but no OOM. All my flights are done with FSL A320 with most sliders right some 3/4.

I have not been looking at VAS, stoped that silly game since I dont get OMM's. But after reading this topic I thought I would look I did a flight from EGLL UK2000 to FT EHAM. AS16 etc.

Here is a link to the flight,( I dont know if your aloud to see it if not in BAV?) http://www.bavirtual.co.uk/index.php?r=pirep/view&pirepId=602144 

After Ending flight I bought up caseplane and was amazed to see I only have 300MB of VAS left BAD.

So I did a complete clean of drivers and installed 376.33 and ran the same flight, same time etc etc again. VAS at the same gate after flight 690.

Love P3D, love FSL A320 and as long as your PC is set up right you can enjoy P3D with high setting and the FSL with no problems. Its as simple as that. 

O I also did the return flight just now into EGLL 27R, From LAM, nice big turn to fly over the very center of London and all that "VAS", landed taxied to gate 503, VAS left 710.

Report over :biggrin:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yes, P3D can play really nicely, as you have your PC set up right. I am sharing the same experience, and that of not only flying A-B-A, but also A-B-C with FSL A320.

And moreover, it doesn't bother my P3D at all if I reload the scenery 1-2 times before the flight, say changing time from 08:00 -> 06:00 UTC.