Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Night textures VC

I recently bought a new graphic card, GTX 1070, replacing my old GTX 770. I've mostly flown other aircraft lately, but recently I've done a few flights in the NGX. It struck me that the night textures in the VC looks kinda pixelated compared to other aircrafts (the 777 and the 747 for instance). I've attached a picture showing how it looks for me:

(Not the best picture, it does look worse full size)

ngx.thumb.png.0359006717f993388274aa2ca308faa8.png

I thought that my old GPU was to blame for this, but it still looks the same with my new one. I'm running a resolution of 1920x1080, and high resolution vc textures are selected in the options.

My questions is; is it supposed to look this way, or is there a way to make it look better?

Marius S

It's partially related to the method we're using to allow multiple light sources to mix into each other, but it's also partially related to your graphics settings, and zoom level.

Related to zoom level, it seems that the sim runs all of the AA at zoom 1.0 and then the zoom function is a mod of that rendering (i.e. AA looks normal at zoom 1.0, and appears less effective at lower zoom levels). With this in mind, avoid using unrealistically low zoom levels (below about 0.6 and 0.7), and make sure wideviewaspect is set to true in your FSX/P3D.cfg file.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your reply. Wideviewaspect is set to true, and I use zoom level of 0.9. Do you have any suggestions to what graphic settings I could try to adjust?

It must be said that isn´t a big deal though. It´s still a great plane to fly.

Marius S

Anti-aliasing, and other filtering. Try the configs Ryan posted in the General Forum (pinned at the top).

Kyle Rodgers