Sign in to follow this  
TallTanBarbie

C90 GTX Avionics -- ILS, ADF, VOR Flt Plan Entry, Need Help

Hello...I'm trying to figure out how to work the avionics on the C90 GTX.  I also have the Saitek ProFlight controls and radio panels. I finally figured out how select and enter the VOR 1 frequency on the main panel display but I can't get the ILS panel (the small one in the cockpit middle) to work.  The ADF frequency is also very cumbersome to set and I don't see any ADF bearing display. The HSI compass settings also don't seem to work right -- if you ROSE to ARC you can't go back to ROSE. Also, how do you get the flight plan entry to work? The manuals are some help but the programmers don't seem to have implemented everything properly.

If you know how to use this system, please let me know.

The radios are buggy..

For the ADF, in the aircraft.cfg file, try setting:

[Radios]
// Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
Adf.1         = 1, 0

That at least allows me to tune the ADF radio.

As for selecting the BRG pointer:

- push the NAV/BRG button

-push the top right Line Select Key on the PFD

-turn the Menu Set knob to select ADF1

Not sure if I changed something in the PFD code or not..

Let me know if this works!

Bert

Regarding the standby ATT indicator, flip the switch below the Battery switch to turn on.

Bert

Hi Bert -- It Worked!  Most of my IRL flight time is in 1970s/80s era Cessna 172, Cessna 310 etc with standard gauges so this the first ultra modern PFD that I've worked with except for the easy to use Garmin 530 unit.  This set-up isn't intuitive or easy to use.  Also, the carenavigraph.dll file was set to load with P3D but not with FSX so I had to set it up to load manually.

Thanks,

Diana

Great!

If you ever get a Flight1 GTN 750, let me know.. and I'll send you this mod:

C90 GTX enroute.jpg

Bert

Two suggestions:

1. Watch the Carenado Proline 21 tutorials for flight plan entries and operation etc.

2. Use "P" for 'pause' whenever changing or tinkering with anything. The aircraft pauses but the Proline 21 does not, so it can be reconfigured or reset the way you want it - the thing tends to forget and/or do odd things if adjusted while 'live'.

Much has been written about the Carenado Proline 21 deficiencies and faults, but it can be a reasonably functional and effective unit if looked at from the perspective of what it CAN do rather than what it cannot do.  

WS   

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Great!

If you ever get a Flight1 GTN 750, let me know.. and I'll send you this mod:

C90 GTX enroute.jpg

Bert once again you are awesome. I finally got my standby ADI to turn on !!, also the ADF tuning which I was doing from the FMC. As far as the GTN 750, I would very much like this mod can you provide ? Thank you in advance !

38 minutes ago, ALF1 said:

Bert once again you are awesome... As far as the GTN 750, I would very much like this mod can you provide ? Thank you in advance !

Send me a PM with your email address..

Bert

Another Question:  How do I reset the FMS or is that possible?  Sometimes I'm able to enter a flight plan and sometimes not.  Also, the waypoint entry seems to be buggy.  Sometimes you can enter waypoints and sometimes you can't and sometimes you can only make one page of waypoints and then it won't allow you to advance to the next page.

Bought the Carenado C90 GTX KING AIR HD and not getting on with the Proline 21. I noticed there’s a mod illustrated for integrating F1’s GTN 750/650 in the VC- which would be perfect. I was just wondering if it was possible to download this mod and will it work with P3D v4.3.

Thank you in advance

3 hours ago, parrettjung said:

Bought the Carenado C90 GTX KING AIR HD and not getting on with the Proline 21. I noticed there’s a mod illustrated for integrating F1’s GTN 750/650 in the VC- which would be perfect. I was just wondering if it was possible to download this mod and will it work with P3D v4.3.

Thank you in advance

Send me a PM with your email address, requesting this mod.

Bert

I recently bought the Carenado C90 GTX and use it in P3D v4.4. I also had the problem of not being able to tune the ADF.

Bert, the mod of aircraft.cfg

"[Radios]
Adf.1         = 1, 0"

worked for me.  The only thing is that I not hear audio ID (morse code) from the ADF receiver. I see the ADF needle turn when passing over an NDB. I switched on the ADF audio switch on the audio panel on the Pilot side but still no audio. All sounds other than from the NAV/ADF receivers I hear e.g.: engines, gear, flaps, environment, call outs like "500ft", "too low, flaps!" etc.

Any suggestion?

I also possess Flight1 GTN complete. Would appreciate to receive the mod.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, paulsk said:

I recently bought the Carenado C90 GTX and use it in P3D v4.4. I also had the problem of not being able to tune the ADF.

Bert, the mod of aircraft.cfg

"[Radios]
Adf.1         = 1, 0"

worked for me.  The only thing is that I not hear audio ID (morse code) from the ADF receiver. I see the ADF needle turn when passing over an NDB. I switched on the ADF audio switch on the audio panel on the Pilot side but still no audio. All sounds other than from the NAV/ADF receivers I hear e.g.: engines, gear, flaps, environment, call outs like "500ft", "too low, flaps!" etc.

Any suggestion?

I also possess Flight1 GTN complete. Would appreciate to receive the mod.

Thanks!

Send me a PM with your email address, requesting this mod..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert