Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Wasted screen real estate

I travel a good amount for work and frequently access Avsim on my iPad. One thing I have noticed is the blue boarder around the page, it seems that I am loosing about 1/4 of the screen. Is ther a setting I can change to remove the frame?

Kevin 

IMG_0180.PNG

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I have the exact same issue on a 27'' screen with 2560x1440 resolution....

Lots of white, unused space....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Sorry, the blue border is part of our design.  If we can find a way to edit the responsive CSS file to eliminate it on tablet screens, we will explore how it looks.

@Chase Kreznor - just wanted to give feedback that I am in awe of just how professional, patient and courteous you and the AVSIM team have been around comments and views about the new forum upgrade.   It's really positive and inspiring to see and makes me feel excited about AVSIM and it's future.  I can only imagine how hard you have all been working to give us - the community - a future-proof, supported forum provision.  There were some early problems but some of the comments must have been quite hard to respond to as patiently and professionally as you have done.

It doesn't go unnoticed.

Thank you and keep up the fantastic work.

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

19 hours ago, Chase Kreznor said:

Sorry, the blue border is part of our design.  If we can find a way to edit the responsive CSS file to eliminate it on tablet screens, we will explore how it looks.

Thanks for the response. I prefer the new layout and as JYW stated 

Thank you and keep up the fantastic work!

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

On 3/2/2017 at 7:47 PM, fw_aviator said:

I travel a good amount for work and frequently access Avsim on my iPad. One thing I have noticed is the blue boarder around the page, it seems that I am loosing about 1/4 of the screen. Is ther a setting I can change to remove the frame?

Kevin 

You have the Desktop version turned on.  Go to the mobile version by following the guide at the following link - https://www.howtogeek.com/176932/how-to-disable-the-mobile-version-of-a-website-on-your-phone/.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 04/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, Jim Young said:

You have the Desktop version turned on.  Go to the mobile version by following the guide at the following link - https://www.howtogeek.com/176932/how-to-disable-the-mobile-version-of-a-website-on-your-phone/.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim..

I'm using Firefox 51.0.1.

Cannot find anything to give me that choice of Desktop/mobile display. Any ideas ?

I'm using a Dell 3011 at 2560 x 1600.

That 'wasted' blue background space is most annoying.

Thanks

Regards

Bill

It will not go away for the desktop or laptop but it will for phones.  As stated by Chase above, it is part of our design and it will not go away.  In fact, as I recall, the blue borders were there with the old version too.

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10