Sign in to follow this  

Hello All

Interesting, it crashes always at the very same spot, in my case on a flight from KSAN toward the JUL VOR about 7 miles south west to the VOR station. I tried 4 times already and the very same thing is happening over and over again 

Any thought  ????   

Yair

11 hours ago, N1125Y said:

Hello All

Interesting, it crashes always at the very same spot, in my case on a flight from KSAN toward the JUL VOR about 7 miles south west to the VOR station. I tried 4 times already and the very same thing is happening over and over again 

Any thought  ????   

Yair

You didn't give much info, but there has been nvoglv64.dll issues reported here http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12558-possible-link-between-xenviro-and-ixeg-737-crashing-ongoing-testing-here/ , if your flying the ixeg 737, and use xenviro, it could be related. My issue went away by loading a older Nvidia driver, so I don't know if it was the ixeg, or xenviro, or a combination of the two as others have reported. It would seem to me to have been the ixeg, because xenviro worked fine with other aircraft, but the crash was sporadic so it's hard to know. If you don't use either of these products, at least try a "different" Nvidia driver and see what happens.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I had this issue also while using Skymaxx pro version 4. Went back to 3, didn't happen anymore.

I've removed Skymaxx now and using just HD clouds.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello guys and tnx for the prompt response

...no I do not any of the ones you mentioned, I'm flying low and slow with the default Cessna 172SP in SoCal the weather Plugin is Noaa Weather plugin, if the NV got currapted, well this is something to look into, but then, I launched FSX-SE and had no crashes due to NV driver ... I'll try to uninstall and re install the NV driver 

Cheers

Yair

The is no relation with fsx, that uses directx, xplane uses opengl. As others have said this looks driver related, I would try an older driver. Also please report it as a bug. 

oh. okay, I actually uninstalled the driver and replaced with newer one.

46 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

oh. okay, I actually uninstalled the driver and replaced with newer one.

Good idea. We always assume that everybody already uses the latest driver :-) .

Understand that you gave very little info about the crash, like XPX or XP11, version of your driver, which windows you are using, your videocard, ... .

Running XP-11 updated to the latest version ( have no previous experience with XP)

Windows 10 -Pro uptodate software & hardware

Intel i5 4690 K oc to 4.2Ghz (Prim95 for over 4 hours, no issues)

EVGA GTX970 slightly OC (Run Valley Benchmark for few hours, no issues) updated to the recent version

My Rig is used only to run the Simulator, no other usage

HD 2 SSD XP11 on secondary one

Sliders. non is to the extreme right, Draw Parked AC & Shadows unchecked

Using inspector, due to a luck of knowledge I'm not sure if it really optimizing performance, but IMHO inspector tweaking got nothing to do with the *.dll issue

Hope it will give more ideas to how to approach the issue

Cheers

Yair

One suggestion: do not overclock. Unlike the test you ran, X-Plane is putting a lot more stress on the internal bandwidth between CPU, GPU and memory. Overclocking can make your system instable.

The tests you are running are sandboxes, not putting everything to the same stress.

Also the GTX970 has crippled VRAM (only 3,5GB is really useable of the 4GB on board) and X-Plane will happily use everything that it finds.

Other people have been reporting similar problems because they overclock their system.

i was getting this CTD when I had an UNSTABLE overclock.  Even though I made it through OCCT for several hours at 4.8ghz I wouldnt make it more then 20 minutes in xp11 without this CTD. I went back to 4.7GHz and bumped up vore a tiny bit and havnt had any CTDs since. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

On 3/8/2017 at 11:25 PM, jh71 said:

One suggestion: do not overclock. Unlike the test you ran, X-Plane is putting a lot more stress on the internal bandwidth between CPU, GPU and memory. Overclocking can make your system instable.

The tests you are running are sandboxes, not putting everything to the same stress.

Also the GTX970 has crippled VRAM (only 3,5GB is really useable of the 4GB on board) and X-Plane will happily use everything that it finds.

Other people have been reporting similar problems because they overclock their system.

...so what you telling me is that XP would not tolerate OC ??

I was running a 7 years old AMD Phenom OC from 3.6GHZ to 4.0GHZ / Radeon R9-280X, and never had any problem with *.dll or CTD (Lot in FSX, but non on XP)..... I though that my current i5-460K/ GTX790, will be more suitable to run the Sim & as was advice OC ,as long as your system is stable, will be appreciated by XP, so, I OC and was running Prime95 and Valley Benchmark with the assumption and the "Expert" advice that if it pass those two Stress Test, the Sim should be fine ..... which IMHO sound very logic ....   did I miss something here ????   

On 3/9/2017 at 8:57 AM, wiler said:

i was getting this CTD when I had an UNSTABLE overclock.  Even though I made it through OCCT for several hours at 4.8ghz I wouldnt make it more then 20 minutes in xp11 without this CTD. I went back to 4.7GHz and bumped up vore a tiny bit and havnt had any CTDs since. 

...I'll try and update ....

tnx for the tip

Yair

5 minutes ago, N1125Y said:

...I'll try and update ....

tnx for the tip

Yair

Also for me GPU OC is a complete no go with xp11. in P3d I could easily get away with it. Dont know if its the newer drivers or if its just xp. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

4 minutes ago, wiler said:

Also for me GPU OC is a complete no go with xp11. in P3d I could easily get away with it. Dont know if its the newer drivers or if its just xp. 

I'll move the GPU to Stock, and we will see how it goes 

Reg.

Yair