Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone who went back to a previous (= older) Nvidia driver tell me which version they used with success? After having updated to 381.65 (and running into the X-Plane CTDs), I decided to install 368.39 - which still results in regular CTDs.

I am occasionally running into the same issue, although there seems to be no pattern:

• it happens with different aircraft;
  • it happens at different locations;
  • it happens both with or without having looked at the local map (someone in another thread tied it to that issue; doesn't seem to be the culprit in my case).

The 2 important lines form my crash log:

Fault Module Name:    nvoglv64.DLL
Fault Module Version:    10.18.13.6839

My high level rig specs:

W7 64
i7 @ 2.50GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M @ 3.0GB
X-Plane running on an SSD

Am using a Cooler Master U3 to cool my laptop, but the CPU temp seems rather high @ ~75-80°C (per Speccy) ... Could be related, but wouldn't know what else to do here.

3 hours ago, cmaesing said:

Can anyone who went back to a previous (= older) Nvidia driver tell me which version they used with success? After having updated to 381.65 (and running into the X-Plane CTDs), I decided to install 368.39 - which still results in regular CTDs.

I am occasionally running into the same issue, although there seems to be no pattern:

• it happens with different aircraft;
  • it happens at different locations;
  • it happens both with or without having looked at the local map (someone in another thread tied it to that issue; doesn't seem to be the culprit in my case).

The 2 important lines form my crash log:

Fault Module Name:    nvoglv64.DLL
Fault Module Version:    10.18.13.6839

My high level rig specs:

W7 64
i7 @ 2.50GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M @ 3.0GB
X-Plane running on an SSD

Am using a Cooler Master U3 to cool my laptop, but the CPU temp seems rather high @ ~75-80°C (per Speccy) ... Could be related, but wouldn't know what else to do here.

The 381.65 drivers crashed X-Plane for me also, both 11 and 10, I went back to the 378.92 drivers which works well for me. Had to download these from EVGA web site.