Sign in to follow this  
flyboy05

FSXSE (CTD) faulting module: nvwgf2um.dll

Hopefully I can find a fix for this...  Unfortunately my sim has been crashing randomly due to this module from Nvidia coming form (C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll). This has recently started ever since i installed PMDG 747v3 and the crash has been going on ever since. not only does it happen on the 747 but the random crash also happens with other aircraft. I have tried countless different settings on FSX DX9 mode; DX10 Fixer; windowed mode; borderless windowed mode, and the crash keeps on happening. I have not tried fullscreen mode scince i have multiple monitors for vpilot, etc.

All drivers are updated and any addon software associated with FSXSE are as well. the CFG file is default only entry is affinitymask=14. everything in FSXSE installed outside of the C Drive.

This has been very frustrating and annoying. and I appreciate you all that can help me with this.

Also here is my nvidia inspector settings if it helps...

NVD.thumb.png.bb1ed70a9aa5620adada1b8b9ccd8e56.png

W7 Ultimate

i5 3570K

16GB gskill 2133

Nvidia Titan X - 2

JeanCarlos Hernandez

Try the solution in the following topic -

Disabling Realtek or uninstalling GeForce Experience

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Does it happen with just one monitor enabled?

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes i did try one moniter only and even in fullscreen mode. no success its still crashing.

JeanCarlos Hernandez

I doubt the issue is your video card drivers.  They say overclocking video cards can cause this error.  You have a lot of legacy software installed and I think it is a software issue and a conflict with a piece of software.  Instead of reinstalling Windows and then FSX and every add-on, I would rename your fsx.cfg, your dll.xml, and scenery.cfg.  Restart FSX and you will be back to the default settings you had when you first installed FSX.  Does the problem still occur?  If so, you will have to reinstall Windows and then FSX and all of your add-ons.  If not, one of those configs is at fault.  I would return the scenery.cfg first.  Run FSX and see if the problem occurs.  If so, it is a problem with a scenery.  If not, bring back your dll.xml.  If the crashes start again, the problem is in the dll.xml and you will need to investigate as shown in the AVSIM CTD Guide which has images of how to disable modules being loaded by the dll.xml.  If not the dll.xml issue, bring back your old fsx.cfg.  If the error starts again, then it is a parameter you put into the fsx.cfg that is causing the problem.  I would just just rebuild the FSX.cfg and go from there as you have found what was causing your problem.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you very much Jim for your help. I will try all that you suggested, I certainly do not want to reinstall windows and fsx as I have a huge library of addons. Quick question on scenery.cfg, if you rebuild does that mean all your addon scenery is removed? If so do I have to reinstall if the issue is with in the cfg file?

JeanCarlos Hernandez

8 minutes ago, flyboy05 said:

Quick question on scenery.cfg, if you rebuild does that mean all your addon scenery is removed?

When you rename the scenery.cfg (you do not want to delete it), it will be rebuilt to the default scenery.cfg.  None of your scenery will be loaded.  If you replaced your default textures with a program like GEX, that will not affect the investigation.  So, when you rename the dll.xml, no modules will load, and when you remove the scenery.cfg, none of your sceneries will load.  It will be like you are at default installation.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM