Sign in to follow this  
MM

Eliminate ChasePlane and Restore FSX and P3D: your help please

Hi Keven,

Might you please explain how to eliminate ChasePlane from my system and return both FSX and P3D to their previous conditions? I purchased your "Alpha" version last night and am presently dissatisfied (not to say angry) with how much damage you have done.

Your software does not do what I expected. (I am not naïve here: 20 years of simming and 7 years of EZdok.) As you know, you not only provide cameras sets but also try to control many other view and controller-interface features of the sim. So I strongly prefer to go back to EZdok which is much less intrusive. At least until your software matures.

Please – how do I disable ChasePlane? (I tried replacing the camera.cfg but that did not work.) Do you have an uninstall procedure that restores the simulators to their just-previous conditions? I would like to avoid having to rebuild the entire simulator if possible?

For both FSX and in P3D, might you please be so kind as to tell us which files you have altered? (And, if you might, how you have altered those files?) It would be terrific if we were able to understand just what you are doing so we can fix things.

And also, might your reply be a warning to those who would like to try ChasePlane.

First cause no harm.

I should very much like to return and try your software again if that might be possible.

Thanks so much for your help,
Mike MacKuen

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Keven,
I just emailed you a private message with a bug report at -censored-@oldprop.com and your email provider rejected it. Hmm.
Mike

Edited by Keven Menard
censored the email address

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I too am having serious issues with CP. I realize this is Alpha and I know there is a learning curve. I purchased CP two days ago, I have posted in this forum as well as sending an email to -censored-@oldprop.com, so far no response.

I would like to have the same answer as MM has asked in this thread, but I would also like to know what the refund policy is.

Edited by Keven Menard
censored the email address

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Hi Mike,

I understand that ChasePlane might not be working as you expected. Before jumping to conclusions, may I know what is the issue you are having?
If we don't know, we certainly can't do anything to fix it.

1. What do you mean by "damage"?
  2. What do you mean by "... try to control many other view and controller-interface features of the sim"
  3. Not sure I understand your statement "And also, might your reply be a warning to those who would like to try ChasePlane."

To uninstall ChasePlane, go in VFXCentral, Click Modify/Uninstall under the ChasePlane icon and proceed to uninstall the product.

ChasePlane modifies the cameras.cfg file, exe.xml file and in some occasions the aircraft.cfg file of the loaded aircraft. All changes are non-destructive and when uninstalled with VFXCentral, contrary to our competitors, will restore the previous configuration.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 hours ago, Dane Watson said:

I too am having serious issues with CP. I realize this is Alpha and I know there is a learning curve. I purchased CP two days ago, I have posted in this forum as well as sending an email to -censored-@oldprop.com, so far no response.

I would like to have the same answer as MM has asked in this thread, but I would also like to know what the refund policy is.

May I know what your issue is? If I don't know, I can't fix it.

- EDIT -
Was answered via email.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks for your email...

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

Dear Keven,

Thanks for your help. Yes, a direct uninstall of ChasePlane does most of the work – cleanly. (I had backed up the relevant files, but your process does work very well. Surprisingly to me, a straightforward mechanical reversion to the backed-up cameras.cfg and exe.xml files did not produce a pure return to the previous state of the two simulators.)

For those who do an uninstall (using VFXCentral) and find that their TrackIR is porked, then a solution that worked for me was to uninstall TrackIR as well – and then do a reintall of TrackIR. (The FSX/P3D profiles will be maintained, so no worries there.)

I'd like to be helpful if I might. Please check your PM here at Avsim.

Best wishes,
Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1