Sign in to follow this  
KansasCS

error message when trying to install cloud textures via REX4

Reinstalling with AV off and admin rights, as well as a system restart haven't helped. any ideas?

error rex.PNG

My best guess is that your REX TD installation did not go well. If you haven't already, I recommend disabling your computer security software, then re-installing and running the installer "As Admin".

Short of that, I'd seek assistance from the developer on their website/forums.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hello 

The Rex Panel needs to modify this file for the Clouds\Effects option.  The message you are seeing is basically telling you,  Either the Rex Control Panel can not find the "cirrus_broken.bmp"  in your Prepar3D Texture folder or this file is corrupt\missing,  Or maybe a corrupt Rex Install,  Could even be a system permissions Issue on your computer  

One quick test you could do is,  Go to your Texture folder and search  cirrus_broken.bmp  If its not there you have your answer, You need to Repair the Install_Content.msi  or use a Back-Up Texture folder you may have 

If you can find this file no problem and as Dave suggests you need to contact website/forums

Excellent my friend.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.