Sign in to follow this  
hellmike

[Next Project] maybe a 727? please?

A PMDG 727 would be nice indeed, but an Embraer E-Jet (170 to 195...E2 obviously :laugh:) from PMDG would be my choice.

Mauricio Brentano

Yes a good Embraer 170/190 series or the new Bombardier C-Series if possible.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

I'm not really a fan of the E-Jets. I don't understand the draw to them. They're kinda dopey looking, too.

As a rampie, I also found them to be awful: bins like the MD-80, they were flown by regionals so gate planners would occasionally throw them on regional gates without jetbridges, or without the right tug to get them out. I've heard pilots like them, and they're like a mini 777 with all of the technology, but I'm definitely not a fan...

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I'd like to see PMDG tackle the ATR72.

Rationale:-

• There aren't many modern Boeings left for them to do!
  • They don't tend to be drawn towards Airbus.
  • Regional turbo-props tend to be popular with simmers.
  • It's a modern regional turbo-prop.
  • It doesn't conflict with the Q400, for which we already have an excellent provision.
  • It's different enough to be 'interesting'.
  • It's highly utilized across all areas of the globe, on many route types - so should fit with simmers preferences = should sell plenty! (unscientific, I know).
  • PMDG did a fantastic job with the BAe J41, so have 'form'.
  • So let's say, an ATR72-600 ?

:smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

JYW, that's a good suggestion, however just a few days ago another developer announced that they are working on this project. I know this doesn't necessarily stop PMDG from developing one, but the market for Turbo Prop can be tight with the 2 ATRs.

Kyle, I share your view of the E-Jets, but the one thing I can't get over is the shape of the control yoke...Some pilots call them Ram horns...

On the topic of developing modern and popular aircraft, it goes without saying that the 757/767/787 may be at the top of everyone's list so I won't even go further on these models.

For the Classic aircrafts however, the ones I often think about in addition to the 727 are the DC-10 and DC-8 These two aircraft made a significant mark in aviation  for medium and long haul flights. They are sorely lacking in the FS world and their rich history among various airlines might appeal to the nostalgic crowd or even to those looking for a more hands on experience to flying.

As an honorable mention, let's not forget the L1011-500 which was way ahead of its time.

• Upvote 1

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I still wish PMDG would do the B757. Externally, it's one my favourite plane. She's graceful and good-looking.

And I have always read and heard that performancewise she was a masterpiece.

Another developer left orphans when they announced they dropped their project. And both models available today are either not deep enough for me or too buggy!

If ever we could have either version with the analog instrument suite or retrofitted with glass cockpit!

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

If you guys could just go ahead and make a solid rendition of the FSX Ultralight Trike, make sure it has updated FMC with RNAV/LNAV capability, full failures, Land3 and dynamic wing flex that would be great :biggrin::biggrin::cool:

I kid of course.

• Upvote 1

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

40 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

If you guys could just go ahead and make a solid rendition of the FSX Ultralight Trike, make sure it has updated FMC with RNAV/LNAV capability, full failures, Land3 and dynamic wing flex that would be great :biggrin::biggrin::cool:

+1  Yes  the Ultra-Trike "LR" so we can do CTP!!  :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

22 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

+1  Yes  the Ultra-Trike "LR" so we can do CTP!!  :laugh:

Hope you have enough fuel. You might be up there for a while.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:42 PM, scandinavian13 said:

We stated quite a while ago that we would be bringing it to FSX and P3D. Not sure why you were made to believe otherwise...

Hi, Kyle ...............I only hope to fly it soon that's it :) just an anxious customer :) :) :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

16 hours ago, Budbud said:

I still wish PMDG would do the B757. Externally, it's one my favourite plane. She's graceful and good-looking.

Slender with huge engines. Who doesn't like that...???

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Slender with huge engines. Who doesn't like that...???

We see what you did there.

• Upvote 2

i would love the 757 from PMDG. QW already stated its not on their radar and wont be for quite some time as they work on other projects.

On 3/6/2017 at 8:42 AM, scandinavian13 said:

We stated quite a while ago that we would be bringing it to FSX and P3D. Not sure why you were made to believe otherwise...

Well there's been a few statements made in the past that have now recently changed.  ei 747 for X-Plane? (and possibly the NGX, 777).

I don't want to hijack this thread but I wouldn't blame anyone for asking these questions again with what I "observe" as a changing PMDG landscape.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

8 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

Well there's been a few statements made in the past that have now recently changed.  ei 747 for X-Plane?

I don't recall that changing as much as people reading their own thoughts into prior statements. "We anticipate" does not equal "we will absolutely," as an example.

FSX and P3D being our primary sims, I can't see a logical path that would fit the situation where an observation was made earlier that a platform would not be suitable for one of our products to be moved into, also being applied to out of. There have been no statements that have said the inverse was unlikely, or not possible. Moreover, if you look back at the original shots in the DC-6 preview thread, you may notice that it doesn't quite look like XPL.

Kyle Rodgers