Sign in to follow this  
hellmike

[Next Project] maybe a 727? please?

On 3/6/2017 at 0:37 AM, Anders Gron said:

That's your personal opinion!

Personally I would really love to see a 787 from PMDG.
Yes, yes, I know that QualityWings is developing one - but with the speed their on, PMDG could develop and release one, before they are finished... 

Thank you so much! PMDG 787 FTW!!! Finally someone that shares my views.

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

A Cessna 172 to celebrate 30 years anniversary this year since Mathias Rust landed in Red Square, or Sheremetyevo 3 as locals called it short after :)

While I would absolutely love a PMDG 727, it would have to be from the PMDG Classics line that the DC-6B came from; Ryan/Kyle can correct me if I am wrong but I know this is a 'second' dev team and it is busy with porting it to P3D/FSX.  I think it would focus on more propeller style aircraft, but the 727 does have a ton of steam dials if you just look at the early production models.

Sooooo....

I personally think a PMDG 757/767 would be more financially viable.

• 707 / 727 are not modern, maybe as a PMDG Classic product
  • 717 was done by TDFi and is a pretty great addon, even RSR has complemented that team on the job they have done.
  • 737v3 (v2 is current and v1 was for FS9) is still great and RSR has hinted it is getting up there and the team is looking to modernize it.  Also 737 MAX is coming, need real EIS data.
  • 747v3 - Unless you have been living under a rock, the best PMDG addon to date
  • 757 - QW and Captain Sim have done this but NOT at PMDG level
  • 767 - Level-D's was a FS9 port, Captain Sim has one but NOT even close to PMDG level
  • 777 - Needs the -200ER variants and RSR does keep stating it is Anticipated.  However I haven't heard a state of PMDG for a while so not sure where it still stands
  • 787 - This is going to be a massive undertaking to get it to PMDGs level.  Yes QW is about to release one, but again they state they are not a 'Procedural Sim' like PMDG
  • 797 - The supposed MoM (read 757) replacement will hit once Boeing decides to do it, it gets built, PMDG gets real world data, make it so expect it around 2030
  • J41 - I bug RSR on this one every chance I get, he tells me it still is coming to P3D
  • MD-11v2 - hahahahaha, just checking to see if anyone is still reading.  Sorry fans, this one is dead
  • DC-6B - I believe it will be soon it will happen for FSX/P3D.  I beta tested the XP10 version and I like it, just prefer P3D more
  • RJs - they did a couple before (J41, B1900 for FS9).  However Kyle has mentioned PMDG customers are automation hungry.

So to distill that down.  J41 for P3D, DC-6B for FSX/P3D, 777-200ER or 747-8 (however not both) I think might all hit in 2017.  Note the -200ER and -8 add-ons are rather large so it will be one or the other in my opinion.  After that, it is all up to RSR's tea leaves; meaning I don't know.  I think 737v3 will come 2018/2019 or possible wait until MAX has EIS data.  So maybe is there time to throw in a 787....maybe.  I rather think 737v3 2018 and 787 in 2019 but those are going to be rather big; but for this to happen 737v3 will probably not have MAX and will be added later as later add-on much like the 747-8 or 777-200ER.  But if you throw in a super duper secret project and those all get pushed out, something might come before 737v3.  I am secretly hoping for a 757/767.  While I am a beta, I am not privy to PMDG dev discussions or where PMDG is heading; my opinions are complete guesses.

Jhan Jensen

A PMDG Super VC-10 would be my 'cup of tea'.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

14 hours ago, G7USL said:

A PMDG Super VC-10 would be my 'cup of tea'.

17239839_10154475336918214_7482274270396

• Upvote 2

Dave Taylor gb.png

7 hours ago, G7USL said:

17239839_10154475336918214_7482274270396

+1! One of the most beautiful jetliners ever, after the 727. :-)

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Hi,

Isn't it a B707 hidden just behind the VC-10, the nose and the tailfin as clues?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Looks like it is...

Personally, I've learnt to disregard what PMDG "anticipates". No disrespect, but they "anticipated" the NG ER and BBJ variants back in 2011 to come not long after.

Which is a shame though, I much prefer the 777-200ER to LR

My vote is for a PMDG Global Express line. There are no good long-range business jets in FS right now. 

The only good quality "analogical" jetliner I know for the FSX-P3D market is the Coolsky DC-9, though it isn't launched for P3D yet... Of course, there is also the Flightsim Labs Condorde, but this a special case, as it's not an usual "jetliner"... So there is a great lack of good quality old jetliners for P3D...

• Upvote 1

Another twin jet Boeing would be as exciting as watching the grass grow.

DC-10, 727, A-330. 

Its about time PMDG turned there talents to something other than another Boeing twin they are all fundamentally the same even the 787 which is basically a 767NG.

• Upvote 1

Darren Howie

On 10/03/2017 at 9:35 PM, StarBlue said:

777 - Needs the -200ER variants and RSR does keep stating it is Anticipated.  However I haven't heard a state of PMDG for a while so not sure where it still stands

+1000000000.

I will never not want the -200ER. It is sorely missed. PMDG please fix this, we know you want to. We need some RR Trent in the FS world, or even the GE90-94B.

1 hour ago, crimtye said:

+1000000000.

I will never not want the -200ER. It is sorely missed. PMDG please fix this, we know you want to. We need some RR Trent in the FS world, or even the GE90-94B.

I am with you guys.. 777-200er...

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

A Boeing 727 is and has always been on my top wishlist. Yes the CS 727 is good but not perfect. I am sure if PMDG produce a 727 it will be top. After 18 years flying Microsoft FS I have no try to fly XP10/11 and with FligjhtFactors B727. AMAZING.... But if PMDG produce a B727 I will def go back to P3D....

Regards

BJORN

• Upvote 1