Sign in to follow this  
witto737

SimConnect V10.0.61259.0 causes P3D crash

Hi guys, I currently have two pc's, one is FSX-Steam, the other is P3D, my issue is with the P3d system, P3D is V3. my addon aircaft are Aerosoft Airbus and PMDG 737NGX.

Aerosofts airbus works ok, however i am having issues with the 737NGX, installation perfect, but, the Simconnect file 61259 is causing P3D to CTD, if i disable the file and load the 737NGX it loads ok but no cockpit screens and no switches work, the NGX needs this file to communicate with P3D as does the airbus, enable the file, reload the NGX and CTD.

I have tried everything to resolve this issue from reinstalling P3D, reinstalling the 737, following PMDG's setup for P3D, etc, without success.

Has anyone got a solution to this issue ?.

Witto737

what are you doing to "disable" and "enable" the file

have you run the three simconnect.msi, RTM, SP1, and SP2XPACK found in P3D \redist folder?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Steve, i am removing the simconnect file via remove programs, and yes i have run the files as mentioned.

Please check out page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature), and download the AppCrashView and post its report or post the report from the EventViewer regarding your crash.  I would love to see the faulting module involved.  For P3D, LM wants you to download and install Microsoft.net 4.6.2.  This dotnet makes sure your applications run properly as intended by LM.  Make sure that is installed.  Check C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework(x86) and see what versions are installed.  You don't need the 64 bit as P3D is a 32 bit application.

When I installed P3D v3.4, I never had to go into P3D folder and run the three simconnect.msi.  I have the PMDG 737 and it works great. Perhaps those files are installed automatically during installation.  I have a feeling you messed up your installation of P3D AND the PMDG 737.   You want to make sure any anti-virus/malware program is disabled or exempted from scanning P3D and disable your UserAccessControls.

Steve is the expert on the simconnect issues though.  I am only saying I have never had to install the 3 simconnect.msi's.  I do have FSX installed too and perhaps they were already installed when I installed FSX and Acceleration.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes it's important to realise what SimConnects are installed with which sim. The three FSX SimConnects, 60905 (RTM), 61242 (SP1), and 61259 (SP2) are installed with FSX+A or Gold, only 61259 is installed with FSX:SE (along with the SE version 62615) and only ESP SimConnect 1.0.20.0 is installed with P3D, no FSX versions. So it depends what's already on the PC if all the stuff's going to work. When using the PMDGs they use 61259, but they recommend installing the three FSX SimConnects because there's various programs and tools that go with the PMDGs that use versions of SimConnect other than 61259, all depends what you have running there. SimConnect is not a simple dll file as there's a complex system setup that goes with them. but Installing the redist .msi's usually sorts out SimConnect issues, if not there's usually some other app or addon using simconnet that causes the CTD, not an issue with SimConnect itself.

Thanks guys really appreciate the input (excuse the pun), have a few things to see to today and at some point will install AppCrashView and post the results, interesting that when the CTD occurs there is nothing showing in the system event logs, if there was a faulting module i would of though the logs would of shown it?. i still do not understand as to when the PMDG loads without the 61259 the VC cockpit loads ok albeit without screens and non working switches, remove 61259 and its CTD as it tries to load the screen. Will post results later.

Again many thanks guys.

Thanks guys really appreciate the input (excuse the pun), have a few things to see to today and at some point will install AppCrashView and post the results, interesting that when the CTD occurs there is nothing showing in the system event logs, if there was a faulting module i would of though the logs would of shown it?. i still do not understand as to when the PMDG loads without the 61259 the VC cockpit loads ok albeit without screens and non working switches, remove 61259 and its CTD as it tries to load the screen. Will post results later.

Again many thanks guys.

Well Hi guys. I have checked the dotnet files installed, they are v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727, v3.0, v3.5, v4.030319. In Framework64 they are v2.0.50727, v3.0, v3.5, v4.030319.

Tried Appcrash, after the CTD Appcrash shows nothing, not suprised as the system logs show nothing also.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 on both machines, on the P3D machine all there is is P3D, and the only add on aircraft is the A320 Aerosoft and the 737ngx

Well guys i have tried everything, uninstall P3D, uninstall PMDG, cleaned registry values, turn off anti virus, UAC off, reinstalled P3D, now i cant even install PMDG, intaller now say's unable to locate Prepar3D .exe!!. gone from bad to worse, so i give up, but thanks for all your input and assistance.

Witto737

Sorry can't think what this might be. Could only suggest what you've done. I've recently tested that setup on Win10 PMDG/SimConnect works fine all stock setup other than adding Modify permission to the Users group on the P3D program folder.

If the PMDG installer cannot find P3D, then P3D was not installed properly and there are missing entries in the System Registry.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10