Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

WAMA 1.02 released

Hello @ll,

WAMA version 1.02 has been released today

- Time-of-day: now you can not only select which aircraft you want to fly, but also when.

- With version 1.02 you can place any SimObject into the simulator directly, without the detour of the saved parking positions. As this feature is also helpful for the helicopter crowd (you can put "hoistable" objects into the sim "on the fly"), WAMA will tell you which objects can actually be hoisted when you select them in the Database Editor.

Date 23.03.2017

Version 1.02 b9

• Bugfix: DBE crash when selecting an object for replacement while the list is empty

Date 21.03.2017

Version 1.02 b8

• Bugfix: Editor mode of the DataGridViews in DBE was broken
  • Change: Added an aditional layer of "Scenes" to group the static objects

Date 19.03.2017

Version 1.02 b7

• Change: When switching the database from "read only" to "writable" a new dialog appears asking for saving or discarding changes
  • Bugfix: DataGridView selection of static objects not consistent
  • Change: added radiobuttons to "Add" or "Replace" static objects

Date 17.03.2017

Version 1.02 b6

• Bugfix: Error on DBE dialog when clicking into the Static Objects DataGridView outside of the lines.
  • Bugfix: Exceptions when editing descriprions and pressing "Enter".
  • Bugfix: Objects that the simulator can't create block the app after a while.
  • Change: Objects that have been towed around by helicopter will remember their last position
  • Change: Option to set database to be "Read only", so changes are not saved to disk

Date 15.03.2017
Version 1.02 b5
- Change: refined static object positioning, "Grab" and "Shift" options (move with user or move in place)
- Change: TreeList will mark objects that can be hoisted by a helicopter with the string "(Hoist)"
- Change: Handling of static objects being moved to avoid "hopping"

Date 14.03.2017
Version 1.02 b4
- Change: made automatic scanning of the SimObject folder optional
- Change: static positions are no longer frozen by default and freeze can be selected on/off
- Change: rearranged Database Editor GUI

Date 12.03.2017

Version 1.02 b3

- Change: added a default replacement model (Piper Cub) if the saved aircraft is no longer available

- Change: expanded the Database Editor to place every SimObject into the simulator at runtime for decoration

Date 05.03.2017

Version 1.02 b2

- Bugfix: detecting last aircraft when triggered from the in-sim menu

- Change: when warping to a position with the same aircraft but "show duplicates" deactivated, warp will place the user in the exact parking spot.

Date 03.03.2017

Version 1.02 b1

- Change: Additional handling of time of day in WAMA

- Bugfix: fixed detecting the aircraft that has last been used

wama_main.jpg

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Looking good Oliver.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian,

many thanks!

1.02 is nearing completion. My main goal was the feature to place any SimObject that I like into the sim easily. This has been done, so now I just have a few smaller bits left to attend to.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

Just purchased and installed WAMA last night so I'll be updating today. I'm new to p3d and have had x plane for years. Great job on this guys and I wish something like this was available for x plane also. I would instantly buy it to add to that sim also. 

Is there a tug add on that works well in p3d with WAMA? I want to move my aircraft to spots near the p3d drop spots but the only way I've found to do that is to start up the aircraft and taxi it into the desired position. 

Hi,

1. Pressing "Y" will put your aircraft into slew mode. You can then move it directly with your flight controls

2. If it is only to park your aircraft, you can move it (=the one you are currently in) with the WAMA keyboard controls (Ctrl&Shift&NumPad 2,4,6,8,7,9).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I did not know WAMA had that function. Nice!

Now I'm headed home to read the manual since I just admitted that I haven't read through it yet. 

Keep up the great work and thanks for the quick reply. 

Just to be clear about that: "slew" is a funtion of the simulator, not of WAMA. Slew always works, if your controls in the sim are set up correctly - and it is often used to cheat the "reality" of the sim ;o)

The WAMA function are the keys that I listed above (2.) - they are useful for small corrections, and for moving the static objects around that the 1.02 allows you to place into your sim.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

You would've gotten a good laugh at me when I just tried the p3d slew function. I think I threw my aircraft 3 blocks from the airport. The one built into WAMA is much easier for me to use. 

Thanks again!

Latitude and Altitude always -0, Heading always 0, Speed ??? and OnGround always 0, Pitch also wrong... Latest Version installed!

<AircraftPosition>

<latitude>-0</latitude>
      <longitude>4.3340042167208122</longitude>
      <altitude>-0</altitude>
      <pitch>33</pitch>
      <bank>6.4000000953674316</bank>
      <heading>0</heading>
      <speed>4.94065645841247E-324</speed>

<wingspan>20</wingspan>
      <onGround>0</onGround>

</AircraftPosition>

3 hours ago, RogerWilco666 said:

Latitude and Altitude always -0, Heading always 0, Speed ??? and OnGround always 0, Pitch also wrong... Latest Version installed!

Hi,

you are the second customer with this problem. Unfortunately I don't know yet what is causing it. In the other case it just started happening after a Windows update was installed, but I can't imagine how that could interfere.

- Did you have WAMA before and did it work then? If you did, what WAMA version were you using?
- Which simulator are you using? FSX / SE / P3D 2/3?
- Which operating system? Win 7/8/10?

Please contact me using the form on the Lorby-SI website. I have run multiple tests on my systems, having Win 7 and 10 updated to the current state and all known versions of the simulators - I just can't reproduce this issue. I would like to build a debug version that you can run on your system to check what exactly is going wrong.

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

On 21.4.2017 at 7:52 AM, Lorby_SI said:

- Did you have WAMA before and did it work then? If you did, what WAMA version were you using? YES. Can´t remember the previous version number.
- Which simulator are you using? FSX / SE / P3D 2/3? FSX
- Which operating system? Win 7/8/10? Win 10

Lorby this is such an amazing app well done. Do you know if there are any keyboard shortcuts for the enter and leave buttons in WAMA?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, glider1 said:

Lorby this is such an amazing app well done. Do you know if there are any keyboard shortcuts for the enter and leave buttons in WAMA?

Thanks.

Hi,

The Enter and Leave actions are bound to simulator events. You can just assign buttons or Keyboard shortcuts to them in the simulator controls setup.

"Enter" is bound to "TOGGLE_LAUNCH_BAR_SWITCH""

"Leave" is bound to "TOW_PLANE_RELEASE"

For this to work you must have assigned a deafult vehicle in WAMA.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

14 hours ago, RogerWilco666 said:
On ‎21‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 7:52 AM, Lorby_SI said:

- Did you have WAMA before and did it work then? If you did, what WAMA version were you using? YES. Can´t remember the previous version number.
- Which simulator are you using? FSX / SE / P3D 2/3? FSX
- Which operating system? Win 7/8/10? Win 10

Hi,

there seems to be an issue with some versions of FSX, maybe involving some OS anomalies, where the WAMA main data loop is getting false results. This has been fixed in WAMA version 1.03, but that version is still being tested.

If you contact me with the form on the Lorby-SI website providing your SimMarket order number, I will make the 1.03 available to you in advance.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

11 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

The Enter and Leave actions are bound to simulator events. You can just assign buttons or Keyboard shortcuts to them in the simulator controls setup.

"Enter" is bound to "TOGGLE_LAUNCH_BAR_SWITCH""

"Leave" is bound to "TOW_PLANE_RELEASE"

For this to work you must have assigned a deafult vehicle in WAMA.

Best regards

Thank you!