Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

I did something bad - need help

I just took delivery of my new Jetline Sim computer - It was fully loaded with addons airports and GSX.

I was at JFK and running GSX.  GSX was doing fine, but it was taking too long to load my 747.  So I hit "DISABLE ADDON" thinking it would terminate GSX, well it complexly removed it from my menus.  Also gone is all the addon scenery.

What now?

Paul Gugliotta

Re install GSX, or got to FSDT website FAQ and download Stand alone manager

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

try restoring PC to an earlier time/day might still be there

Peter

4 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

I just took delivery of my new Jetline Sim computer - It was fully loaded with addons airports and GSX.

I was at JFK and running GSX.  GSX was doing fine, but it was taking too long to load my 747.  So I hit "DISABLE ADDON" thinking it would terminate GSX, well it complexly removed it from my menus.  Also gone is all the addon scenery.

What now?

Easy fix per the GSX forum at FSDT.

Go to the

%APPDATATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

See if you have these lines near the start:

[gsx]
disable = 1

and change it to

[gsx]
disable = 0

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK I think Cmpbell has the correct fix here.  I need help in finding %APPDATATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini  Please give detail way to find this.

I did get a notice after I restarted p3d saying a change in Couatladdons occurred.

How do I find Couatladdons in p3d or in windows 10?  Please give step by step as I am not familiar with Windows 10 yet.  Much appreciated. 

Paul Gugliotta

Sorry to bother you, but nothing was found by typing %appdata% I wish I knew the path.

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

Sorry to bother you, but nothing was found by typing %appdata% I wish I knew the path.

Go into the 'Users' folder.....then go into whichever User Name you are, then AppData\Roaming\Virtuali.  Make sure you don't have hidden folders as you may not see the 'AppData' folder.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

You can either go to the path

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming

Full path would in this case be:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini

or

Go to RIGHT CLICK on START -> RUN

Write/paste the following %APPDATA%

Hit ENTER and you will be at

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming.

Another simple way is:

Go to RIGHT CLICK on START -> RUN

Write/paste this:
%appdata%\Virtuali\CouatlAddons.ini

Hit ENTER -> VOILA!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Make sure you have folder option for "show hidden folders" (?) active or you won't see App Data

You my friend are a lifesaver.  That worked.  I was so upset all night and couldn't sleep over this,   I can't thank you enough for the guidance you gave me.

Thank you so much

Paul

Paul Gugliotta