Sign in to follow this  
Hangman

BA 747 MCP - Config Changed?

Dear all - I've noticed that the MCP on the BA 747s (in sim, no changes made to the default config assigned by the official repaints) have changed to an LCD MCP. Is this correct, a bug, or have I inadvertently changed something without realising? I was pretty sure the BA examples had the old fashioned 'wobbly numbers' rather than 777-esq liquid crystals. The rest of the avionics seem consistent with the earlier (and 'old') representation.

Thanks

The settings were updated in the livery manager. But the original settings make more sense. All BA 747 MCPs have the original electro-mechanical digits. Fortunately it's very easy to change.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

All four BA liveries should have the original analog AFDS MCP and I'm fairly certain mine were displayed correctly when PMDG first released these liveries, so in this particular case I guess something must have changed since; either to the BA livery downloads available in the PMDG OPS Center or to Hangman's own aircraft settings. 

As Kevin says, to change the MCP back to the original BA version is a simple fix.  All that is necessary is to go into the center CDU, select PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>EQUIPMENT then on Page 19/22 under PANEL OPTIONS change the AFDS MCP STYLE  from DIGITAL back to ANALOG.  Incidentally, there are a few subtle differences between the various BA liveries and to the best of my knowledge most have been modelled correctly.  Unfortunately in a very few number of cases it has apparently not been possible to model them all due to the limited number of animations possible within FSX/FSX-SE/P3D - as well as the miriad of differences and upgrades which have been introduced over the years.  One example is a version of the the BA Transponder unit which had an Above/Normal/Below switch to display TCAS information up to 7,000ft above or below the aircraft. 

In view of the number of liveries and the different B744 types already available, I think PMDG should be congratulated on achieving so much with this fine aircraft model; especially given the contsraints of programming it successfully for use within what is after all an old 32Bit Flight Simulator with limited VAS memory!  

Bertie Goddard