Sign in to follow this  
bb09

PMDG 777 Low Speed on Climb

Using P3D V3.4 - Active Sky 16 - FSUIPC

When i depart the airplane will only climb at 230kts when I get over FL100 the airplane slows and right now I reach FL270 and the cruise speed is 200.

Thrust levers are in auto LNAV and VNAV.

VNAV mode is climb and on the fms derated takeoff and climb are disabled in the FMS.

I have noticed this now with not only the 772 but the 773 also.

I have closed activesky and other apps and still nothing.

Hi,

What is the commanded speed in the VNAV climb page? And are they any speed restrictions on your leg page?

When climbing with LNAV/VNAV engaged, your FMA should display THR / LNAV / VNAV SPD in green. In this case, the FMC commands a speed depending on the CI and any speed restrictions in the leg or in the VNAV climb page (ex: 250/10000).

By the way, PMDG requires to sign all the posts with first and last names.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I have tried double push on the altitude selector.

in the FMC there are no speed restrictions and when selecting LNAV and VNAV the FMA is as it should be.

I have checked if there is something derating the climb in the FMC and nothing there either.

The only thing I have noticed if on takeoff roll i increase the thrust to about 40% N1 and then hit the toga the thrust levers advance but the speed never increases above 230 in the climb. If I do not press toga then it is fine

Right now i am climbing meant to to FL340 but only can go to FL210 as the speed falls below 230kts.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

I suggest you refer to Romain's questions and respond, he has given you a good place to start.  Also, what about TAT? Is it a realistic value?

Dan Downs KCRP

On 3/4/2017 at 11:39 AM, bal09 said:

When i depart the airplane will only climb at 230kts when I get over FL100 the airplane slows and right now I reach FL270 and the cruise speed is 200.

In addition to Romain's and Dan's questions, are you using FSUIPC for your flaps?  There is a known bug, at least in FSX, with FSUIPC that the flaps look like they are up but the sim detects them as down.  Results are like yours.  Try removing any FSUIPC involvement with flaps; if that doesn't work try removing fsuipc.ini to another folder (found in FSX/Modules, so I assume something similar in P3D) and see if that fixes the problem.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike

I did exactly what you said with fsuipc I am using version 4.96 and removed the flaps from there and the speed increased straight away to what it should be.

The question now is does this mean fsuipc is not working correctly and i need to remove it and reinstall?

2 minutes ago, bal09 said:

Mike

I did exactly what you said with fsuipc I am using version 4.96 and removed the flaps from there and the speed increased straight away to what it should be.

The question now is does this mean fsuipc is not working correctly and i need to remove it and reinstall?

You are encourage to seek support directly from PMDG Product Support if you do not wish to reveal your name in the forum.

Do not assign axis in FSUIPC as instructed in the Introduction document.

Dan Downs KCRP

Before answering to your question:

Have read here:

For the documents, have a look at the operations center for the manuals or in your sim folder>PMDG> you will find several pdf documents which one of them is the Introduction manual.

It's a must read before attempting to use the addon.

Regarding fsuipc, I have been using it successfully and flawlessly for years with the NGX, T7 and new since the release with the 747 QOTS II.

For some reasons and some users the profile for the addon you use (either inside the fsuipc.ini or separate) may be corrupted and you will experience strange behaviors with the aircraft.
The way to fix is to remove the fsuipc.ini and the separate profile out of the sim folder/module folder and build a fresh new one.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

thanks will read the documentation and i did remove the allocations in fsuipc and added them back and that seems to have helped