Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Maiden Flight

Hi Folks,

Just one on a maiden flight from West Palm Beach FL (ORBX) to Key West FL (LatinVFR) - VFR - coastal tour staying clear of the towered airspaces...

My first A2A repaint, my first 4096x4096 texture, and my first time using Corel PSP x9 (previous Jasc PSP 9.1 user)... I think I finished my final tweaks should have it packaged up in a few days...

MyN5758S_zpsk59actxt.png

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 6

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Woah!  Sharp paint scheme

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Beautiful paint Scott!

Welcome the the PSP x9 club!  Its a very nice paint program...and I've probably done 30-40 paints with this version already (had 8 for the longest time).  I did most of my FSL Airbus' with it, several iFly 747s, and now cranking out some PMDG 747s.

It has a lot of great features, I think you'll like working with it.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Terrific paint job, Scott

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Beautiful looking plane.

nebojsa

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the encouragement...

Yeah - I'm more of a classic style of paint job fan - as a posed to the feathery swirly paint jobs that seem to be so in vogue with GA manufacturers today...

Hi Steve,

Yeah - I am a fan of PSP - I was a little surprised at how little has changed going from Jasc to Corel with all the years and versions in between... I'm still getting my feet wet with it though - so maybe I just haven't noticed some of the new and improved aspects... My biggest gripe with PSP in general - is I still can't make tapered vector lines - where you can set the pixel width by node - as it would make painting planes so much easier... LOL - still - I'm happy with PSP and their decision to keep with the single payment pricing structure - as I'll never pay a subscription fee for a graphics program... (still appreciate you painting that US Air PMDG B1900 for me years ago - I flew it a great deal)...

Regards,

Scott

22 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Steve,

Yeah - I am a fan of PSP - I was a little surprised at how little has changed going from Jasc to Corel with all the years and versions in between... I'm still getting my feet wet with it though - so maybe I just haven't noticed some of the new and improved aspects... My biggest gripe with PSP in general - is I still can't make tapered vector lines - where you can set the pixel width by node - as it would make painting planes so much easier... LOL - still - I'm happy with PSP and their decision to keep with the single payment pricing structure - as I'll never pay a subscription fee for a graphics program... (still appreciate you painting that US Air PMDG B1900 for me years ago - I flew it a great deal)...

Yeah its always been great for me...and no subscription!

Oh please tell me your mind is not fading like mine!  I believe it was an EMB-120 I painted..unless I did do a 1900 too, LOL...then it's my mind!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

DOH - you're absolutely right - it's my mind that is fading... I enjoyed both those planes very much and had them both flying US Air colors...

Hi Mitch,

Thank you kindly - sir - I see you're still busy creating those beautiful Lear paints as well...

Regards,

Scott