Sign in to follow this  
regeaux

Replacing Alabeo GNS 530 with Reality XP GNS 530

I added the GTN 750 to the Alabeo C441.  When I followed the included documentation and tried to replace the Alabeo GNS 530 with the Reality XP GNS 530, the RXP GNS 530 instead replaced the GTN 750.  How do I get the RXP GNS 530 to replace the Alabeo GNS 530 and stay on the right side of the cockpit?  Thanks

I'm not sure to understand what replaces what. Can you please help in describing what is supposed to be where, and what is actually where?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

After I purchased the Alabeo C441, I replaced whatever avionics were above the throttle with the F1 750.  I purchased the Realily XP GNS 530 to replace the Alaebo GNS 530, which is to the right of the GTN 750.   When I ran the install program, the Reality XP GNS 530 replaced the GTN 750 instead of the Alabeo GNS 530.

I want to end up with the GTN above the throttles and the Reality XP GNS 530 next to it.  Does this help? Thanks

HI, yes it helps better now, especially now that I understand it is not the GNS 530W V2 for X-Plane, but the legacy GNS 530 WAAS isn't it?

On March 4, 2017 at 10:38 PM, regeaux said:

When I ran the install program, the Reality XP GNS 530 replaced the GTN 750 instead of the Alabeo GNS 530.

I want to end up with the GTN above the throttles and the Reality XP GNS 530 next to it.

The installer merely copies the gauge files to the gauge folder. The RXP Config Tool adds a GNS to the panel as a popup window. Do you mean the Alabeo install program replaced the wrong gauge? It might be their install program only offers the option of one or the other. In any case, it should be quite easy: it just needs you to edit the panel.cfg file and replace the entry for the Alabeo GNS with the name of the RXP GNS gauge. There is a tutorial in the RXP GNS WAAS Service Manual. Mind you, they might have deeper custom virtual cockpit limitations that would make using both gauges fail as-is. You might want to reach Alabeo and ask them for a dual GTN+GNS cockpit option instead?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Also mind the fact that the GTN gauges from other vendors and RXP GNS gauges may not get along in the same panel..

Bert

On 3/4/2017 at 5:09 PM, regeaux said:

I added the GTN 750 to the Alabeo C441.  When I followed the included documentation and tried to replace the Alabeo GNS 530 with the Reality XP GNS 530, the RXP GNS 530 instead replaced the GTN 750.  How do I get the RXP GNS 530 to replace the Alabeo GNS 530 and stay on the right side of the cockpit?  Thanks

The gauge to the right of the the GTN is an Avidyne gauge and cannot be replaced with a Garmin.