This survey is for when you are having an issue with the Nvidia card.  I think it would best be located in the Graphics Card Forum so will move it there.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

This survey is for when you are having an issue with the Nvidia card.  I think it would best be located in the Graphics Card Forum so will move it there.

Hi Jim let me quote the first paragraph on this form I think it is for driver issues related. I was just trying  to get Nvidia to pay more attention regarding some drivers leaking memory.

"f your PC is experiencing an issue following the installation of an NVIDIA display driver and you are able to reliably reproduce the issue, we welcome your feedback by completing the form below."

Regads

Rick Angelico

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Hi Rick,

This is why we have a hardware forum.  To discuss issues with video cards.  Your topic is perfect for this forum!  Is there really a memory leak?

I remember back in 2007 or soon after the release of Acceleration (and DX10 for FSX), we saw a lot of anomalies with DX10 enabled and no one could figure it out, not even the developers of FSX/Acceleration (the Aces Team).  Everyone, including senior members of the MS Aces Team, blamed Nvidia and their drivers as 99% of FSX users had Nvidia cards (ATI refused to upgrade their drivers when the new OS, Windows Vista, was released and that turned a lot of people off from owning ATI products).  I found the form on the Nvidia website to report this issue as it appeared Nvidia was not listening to users of FSX.  I came up with the list of anomalies we were having with FSX and posted the list as well as a link where individuals could report the issues with FSX and the drivers.  I figured if we could flood their system with these reports, they would surely fix the display drivers so DX10 would work properly in FSX/Acceleration.  Some at the Microsoft Aces Team supported my efforts and we had many members reporting the anomalies to Nvidia.  They evidently could not find a solution as none of the subsequent driver updates were to fix an issue with FSX.  We all were frustrated (okay, I was probably the only one frustrated) until SteveP came up with a fix for DX10 called the DX10Fixer.  It turned out to be an issue with the configuration of the Shader files.  So, if there is a memory leak I hope it gets fixed soon.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10