Sign in to follow this  
madfred

LINDA controls have no effect on PMDG 747 QOS V3

Hello,

I am having issues with Linda and the recently released PMDG 747 QOS V3.

I am using the beta module for this aircraft and have assigned several switches.
When the switches are toggled on or off, Linda shows the action assigned, but nothing happens in the sim.
Also any switch or button action in the sim does not show anything in Linda Console or Tracer.

It looks as if Linda is communicating with FSX, but not with the aircraft. This is happening in FSX Boxed as well as FSX SE.
I am using te latest version of LINDA, PMDG 747 module, as well as the most up to date version of FSUIPC.

BTW: LINDA is working fine for all other aircraft, including the PMDG 737NGX.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

A day without laughter, is a day without living.

Do you have FSXSync activated (orange box around aircraft)?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Yes I do. And I even tried the reload the LUA engine.

The console also recognizes the aircraft selected.

And I just emailed you the log file.

There appears to be a coding error in the module actions.lua line 331 for LNAV. 

Not all the buttons you are pressing have functions assigned to them. Check the Joysticks page. 

I'm off to bed or will follow up in the morning. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

It is correct that not all buttons I pressed have actions assigned, I assigned several, and then noticed nothing was happening in the sim, so I focused on the landing and taxi lights before I even bother with the other assignments.
But if you need me to, I can certainly get you a log file with more assigned switches tested. .

And I do remember seeing the red error message in the Lua Console regarding line 331 for LNAV. Not sure if that is in any way related to the main issue. 

I will check back in tomorrow afternoon 

The code error will cause the QOSII module to stop working and prevent it actioning your button presses. I have advised Guenseli of the problem. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Good morning,

I wonder a bit ...

264578 *** LUA Error: ...\modules\linda/aircrafts/PMDG 747 QOS II/actions.lua:331: attempt to concatenate global 'LNAV' (a nil value)

the problem is:

line 331 is empty

there is no variable called "LNAV" I use.

I do not have an error.

However I use a LNAV function DspLNAV_on () (and off) from commons.lua but this does also not use a "LNAV" variable.

Which module version of the 747 moduel do you use?

The one from yesterday?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Manfred,

As Guenseli has mentioned there is no code in his actions.lua file at line 331 for the problem. Do you have any other PDMG 747s loaded? Can you click on the Edit button (top row left) with QOSII loaded and send me a screen shot of the Edit aircraft module dialog?

Can you also try trying on both GUI and LUA Verbose logging and repeat the button press test and send me the log files?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

16 hours ago, guenseli said:

Good morning,

Which module version of the 747 moduel do you use?

The one from yesterday?

I am using the version I downloaded 2/25. I will upload the one from yesterday and give that a try.

11 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi Manfred,

As Guenseli has mentioned there is no code in his actions.lua file at line 331 for the problem. Do you have any other PDMG 747s loaded? Can you click on the Edit button (top row left) with QOSII loaded and send me a screen shot of the Edit aircraft module dialog?

Can you also try trying on both GUI and LUA Verbose logging and repeat the button press test and send me the log files?

I will send you a screen shot of the edit module dialog and logging on both GUI and LUA (even though I think that is what I am already doing).

Will get back with you asap.

Hi Manfred

I have looked through the most recent logs you emailed me. There is something happening with your set up that I have not seen before. Twice now at some point a DLLStop is called which proceeds to shutdown LINDA. I do not know the cause.

1651329 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] Check File Exists "linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 747/config-hid.lua"
  1651344 LUA.0: LINDA:: [INIT] Current aircraft (PMDG 747) HID config loaded...
  1662141 === DLLStop called ...
  1662141 === Getting Lua plug-ins to close ...
  1662141 === Closing external processes we started ...
  1663141 === About to kill any Lua plug-ins still running ...

1663297 Lua threads being terminated:
  1663297       0 = "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda/system/init.lua"
  1663719 LUA: "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda/system/init.lua": killed
  1667782       1 = "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.lua"
  1667922 LUA: "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda.lua": killed

My only advice is for you to backup your MODULES folder and carry out a clean install LINDA (latest version 2.9.3) and FSUIPC4 4.494. Once you have backed up your LINDA folder, delete /linda and /lind-cfg. Then copy back one aircraft at a time before testing. You will need to copy the contents for the backup /linda/aircrafts/{your aircraft/ and /linda-cfg/aircrafts/{your aircraft} to your new folders. Start with FSX Default and PDMG 747.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Will do.

I will report the results asap. 

ISSUE RESOLVED !!!
----------------------------

ScottFlieger,

Your earlier remark if I have any other PMDG 747's loaded got me to think. 

Even though I no longer have the previous version of the PMDG 747 installed, I did still have the module in Linda.
Despite the fact that the names for both modules were different, I decided to remove the old module and gave it another try.
And voila, now the switches are moving in the sim. I do see a red linda message when a flight loads, but then it changes to "Linda is ready". As the red message only shows for a few seconds I have not been able to identify what it states.

But most important is that me assignments in Linda now result in actions in the sim. 
Now it is time to start assigning some more switches :biggrin:

Thank you for a great product and ditto support.

Manfred

Great news Manfred. You had a similar problem as I had when the latest Aerosoft Airbus aircraft and module were introduced. LINDA matches the first part of the aircraft title (in your case "PDMG 747") to match all aircraft names of that type to the LINDA module. Clicking on Edit (top row left) opens a dialog that shows all matching aircraft. In your case it found the first module in the aircrafts folders and used that.

Good flying.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK