Sign in to follow this  
Chris97

Bright blurred clouds while changing VC view?

Hello,

First I would like to say I'm very happy about the new PMDG 747 v3. It's so amazing to fly the new 747.

I have a small question to the PMDG 777 and 747 v3 on P3D. I'm not sure if it's a bug with PMDG or P3D but maybe someone here can help me. While changing the view in the virtual cockpit to the pedestal (for example) and back to the normal virtual cockpit the clouds look very bright and blurred??? This happens with the 777 and 747... And I have no idea why? Maybe it's more P3D related?

Here is a screenshot for example how it should look like (normal VC front view):

2017-3-5_1-35-51-220gzzdp.png

Now just looking to the pedestal

2017-3-5_1-36-4-930b1bcx.png

And now looking back to the front view:

2017-3-5_1-36-13-6128hzzc.png

As you can see the sky and the clouds looks now very bright and blurred.... Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

I think that is normal and is due to HDR lighting in P3D. It simulates the human eye response when looking from a dark shaded area (i.e. the cockpit) into a brighter environment. If you leave the view for a while the image will eventually normalize. Try deselecting HDR lighting in P3D settings and see whether the effect goes away.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hey thanks for your response. Yes, you're right it's HDR. The "problem" is gone if I deselect HDR lighting. So it's not a PMDG bug... Are there any HDR lighting related settings to reduce it a bit instead of deselecting it?

Search through the forums. I've seen a lot of settings posted around the forums but it all comes down to personal preference. A lot of users prefer HDR to be off. Maybe experiment a bit.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X