Sign in to follow this  
ap1

FSX-SE Weather and Scenery Addons

I have UT USA right now and I'm thinking of getting a few more for the  real world weather and weather textures clouds etc.  Also I have thought of mesh for the USA to complement UT.  Here's what I'm thinking of getting.  Ultimate Traffic 2, REX Essential, Active Sky and FSG 10m mesh for the USA.  So for the scenery and weather I listed, will these addons make the experience more realistic?  And with REX, there are a few different products, is the one I listed the best or the right one?  Thanks everyone.

All good addons, however, for scenery addons Orbx is king imo. If you're getting Active Sky you might want to go with REX Texture Direct instead of Essential since the latter has a wheather engine that you won't need. 

OK, I'll get the REX texture direct.  As for the scenery, ORBX I'm sure is amazing as I have seen pictures before and it looks great.  Since I'm not a low VFR pilot most of the time, I simulate real world airline routes, I simply want better mesh which the FSG has 10m mesh for the US.  I've also heard of GEX.  What's the difference exactly between that and UT and FSG?  Thanks for the reply.  But I do think just the UT with the FSG USA 10m mesh will probably be a good improvement to what I have now though since I'll have Active sky and REX too.

Also worth taking a look at FreeMeshX - http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx/. It's being regularly updated with feedback from users, seems very popular and, best of all, it's free!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

GEX = ground texture replacement

UTX = Vectors, i.e., correct shorelines, roads, bridges, railroad tracks, various other things

FSG = Mesh, the 3D structure of the ground  

GEX can also be used I think with FSG and UT right?  It should probably still be a good improvement though with FSG and UT USA.  Thanks for the help.

9 hours ago, ap1 said:

GEX can also be used I think with FSG and UT right?  It should probably still be a good improvement though with FSG and UT USA.  Thanks for the help.

GEX and UTX are actually designed to work together so yes, Assuming that by UT you mean Ultimate Terrain? It just hit me you might refer to Ultimate Traffic. If so then still yes. Ultimate Traffic shouldn't have any bearing on scenery addons. The Mesh shoul be fine too.

Yup I meant Ultimate Terrain.  I just bought yesterday REX 4 Direct, Ultimate Traffic, FSG 10m USA ,GSX and ASN.  I think these addons will be good.  Thanks again for the help.