Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

minimum enroute safe altitude

I have the above option ticked.Even if I create a flight plan with a very low,,unacceptably low ,altitude and click validate the software does not complain.In older version the software would change the altitude for me.Not anymore.If I try to cross the alps at 2000 the software  accepts the altitude no  problem .Not sure why it happens ?

->http://postimg.org/image/tm9x2si19/

You may have found a bug.  I'll look into it.

[Edit]

I tried a flight plan from KDFW to KLAX.  I put in the Cruise Altitude of 4000.  When I pressed the Validate button, the cruise altitude was increased to 12000.

What route are you trying that fails to do this and is it IFR or VFR flight plan.

Thanks,

Dave

I just tried it with the new version 2208 being uploaded right now.  It changed it to FL120 when I pressed validate.  So maybe I fixed this when fixing something else.

Thanks for the report.

Dave

What do your P2A Setup, ATC Settings and FltPln tabs in Config look like?

[Edit]

Also, do you have a good internet connection?  The elevation data is on the web.

Dave

Thanks for the screenshots. 

I couldn't reproduce the altitude error, even after changing my config to match yours.  However, I did find a bug when validating the flight plan with only the two airports.

You might try adding an intermediate waypoint, like DETRI in the LIML-DETRI-LSZH case.  I don't know if this will change your result, but it might.  You could also see if this happens in different parts of the world with mountains.

The bug will get fixed in the next update, but I could not get the altitude error even before I fixed this bug.  Something strange here.

Dave

This happens with all airports and no matter how many intermediate waypoints i add. What's the name of the file that looks for the elevation data ? maybe it gets blocked somehow ?

Oh, yes. ATC does not  not give me climbing instructions.Just the intial climb to 5000 (always 5000) and then nothing.When i have to descend  atc always says "climb".

Well, the good news is, I was able to reproduce the problem.  The bad news is, I have no clue why it is occurring. 

I will try and get this fixed for the next update.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Dave

OK.  Found the problem with Minimum enroute altitude.  It'll be fixed in the next update.

On the climb instructions, it all depends on your flight plan, initial clearances, etc.  Would need a lot more detail to figure this one out.  If you're climbing via a SID, you might get clearance to cruise altitude via the SID in your initial clearance, or you might get cleared to an intermediate altitude...it all depends.

If you could email me a saved .vbf file of the flight plan you aren't getting climb clearances on, I'll try flying it.

Thanks,

Dave

Next time I will save a vbf of the fp and send it over to you.But.What happens now is that I get cleared to 5000 ft and that is it.no more  climbing instructions.Always 5000 even if the crz altitude is say 28000..

Dave,

Re: the climb instructions.Problem solved.It was my  fault. I noticed that p2a believed I was at 1800 ft even if i was at 5800. I changed the unit of measure  to US and then p2a all of a sudden knew where I was and gave me climbing instructions.

Will youi release the next update that fixes the minimum enroute altitude before the week end ?

thanks