Hi

I currently own ASNext and Rex texture direct with soft clouds,but I 'm now considering upgrading my P3d to AS16  but I'm wondering if I should also buy the ASCA addon as well

Is it worth the upgrade over my current setup for weather ? When it came out I remember seeing a few people saying that the ASCA was no were near as good as the Rex textures is this still the case?

I am going to stay with AS next and Rex for my FSX flying but would like to update P3d,but I 'm unsure weather to stay with the Rex Textures, or also buy the ASCA addon

Any advice from current users that have had these options before upgrading.

Thanks

Pete Little

Guest Mik75

I came from ASN and REX SC, it's a good combination  

I would say, yes! ASCA and AS16 work together really well. The resulting clouds and weather depiction is extremely immersive and realistic in P3D!

I would say ASCA is worth it.  You never know what your sky will look like with this app.  It might be a red sunset or a golden one...depends on the conditions.  The clouds also switch out based on current weather conditions...all done smoothly without you really noticing.  I suspect we'll see more cloud sets added as time goes on.  Also, ENVTEX adds even more skies and clouds (though, I've only used their skies so far).

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Many thanks for the information guys

I think i will get both

Cheers

Pete Little

If I would upgrade to AS16 and ASCA do I need to uninstall REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds.  Or can I just install AS16 and ASCA over the top?

Thanks,

John

On 2017-03-05 at 8:05 AM, Gregg_Seipp said:

I would say ASCA is worth it.  You never know what your sky will look like with this app.  It might be a red sunset or a golden one...depends on the conditions.  The clouds also switch out based on current weather conditions...all done smoothly without you really noticing. 

This old REX user agrees 100%, get both.

spacer.png

Without starting a thread, is it worth just going from ASN to AS16? 

I have no intention of getting ASCA, I just want to know if there's any point in upgrading to AS16. I've read through the features of AS16 as well as threads about it but I can't seem to find any reason to upgrade without going for the combination of both AS16 + ASCA