Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kevin

Cabin Lights

A few question regarding the cabin lights. Is there a texture file or something that would allow me to adjust the color of the cabin lights? Tried looking around and couldn't really find anything anywhere. Also, is there any way to adjust the position of the window shades at night? I wanted to adjust it, so all the shades were open. Not sure if that would be texture related, either. Thanks.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

If you mean the passenger cabin lights then I hope you can tell me how to make them work. I have never seen them on.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

In the FMC, go to FS Actions, click Cabin Lights, check to see what you have it set at. If you have them set to manual and then off, that's why. Mine's set to automatic, so they come on automatically at night. But then I wonder if there's certain phases of flight like take-off and landing where they'd be off if you have it on the automatic setting. I was sitting on the ground not moving and with the flaps up when I looked at them.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Would be nice to see an option in the -8i to manipulate the colors of the cabin lighting, like on the QW787.

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Literally eye candy... goodness.

Dan Downs KCRP

I must confess I've always wanted to be able to shut all the shades, as on some long-hauls, to try and match a time zone, the cabin crew will ask that all shades be closed so as to simulate night time.

14 hours ago, downscc said:

+++1🤣

17 hours ago, downscc said:

And what is wrong with the eye candy? 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

On 2/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, kityatyi said:

And what is wrong with the eye candy? 

Not much, but there's a point at which it gets to be a bit absurd. We could go as far as setting the cabin seat up to have IFE that works, too, but that would not only ruin sim performance, it would go largely unused, as people would be better off letting the sim run, and just watching a movie on their TV elsewhere - no performance hit, and no arguably unnecessary development cost.

Kyle Rodgers

I can see how having the same number of windows lit at night as the number of passengers you have loaded would be an immersion enhancer and look pretty groovy at night. No, not worth any development time but worth asking if it was already there and just needed a key press to activate.

After all isn't PBR eye candy? Or does it have zero affect on performance and use 0 cpu cycles? 

🙂

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I can see how having the same number of windows lit at night as the number of passengers you have loaded would be an immersion enhancer and look pretty groovy at night. No, not worth any development time but worth asking if it was already there and just needed a key press to activate.

Not sure if this was aimed at me, but note my use of "we could go so far as to," which implies that my view on the topic is on a spectrum, and not in black and white.

I was simply making a note that you can eventually get to a point that eye candy is more of a drain than a useful thing.

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

After all isn't PBR eye candy? Or does it have zero affect on performance and use 0 cpu cycles? 

Oddly enough, I think that, as sims evolve, we're seeing a bit more optimization in terms of rendering by taking advantage of technologies in rendering, rather than pinning it all onto the CPU.

As far as PBR as eye candy, though, I would argue that it satisfies a lot larger of an audience than those interested in "groovy" ceilings, and that the CPU cycles are warranted (particularly in light of the above: sim tech shifting from CPU to GPU).

Kyle Rodgers

Oh Kyle dont worry I don't harang devs such as yourself with cryptic comments. Too much respect mate! Although I do find that a mild friendly prod will get the dev to explain their way of thinking more and reveal useful information. Which you have done thanks! 

I'm fine with my fleet they are perfect just as they are. 

😎👏

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK