Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3d v4

WE are not LM's market so a "summer release" has no relevance to them. In the commercial world, it will be released when it's ready.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Another one..

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

My obvious worry is that we'll no longer have RealAir planes nor the Flight1 Mustang.  There could be a huge, huge quality gulf between big iron and GA.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Prepar3D v3.xxx was already far beyond the "FS9 engine...." :huh:

Thank you for saving me the trouble of making a similar post. I continue to be amazed at how astute some of the posters at AVSim are about the nuances contained in the millions of lines of code that make up each flight sim app. This must be because Lockheed Martin has published the source code on GitHub so that everyone can see the internal workings of the sim.

But seriously, most of what drives P3d is 1) input file formats like BGL, MDL and AIR and 2) DirectX which is Microsoft's baby. And where was I back when I was running FS9? I could never find the tweaks to turn on tessellation, volumetric fog and a whole host of features that are "also" in P3d V3.

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

WE are not LM's market so a "summer release" has no relevance to them. In the commercial world, it will be released when it's ready.

I wonder which 3rd party add-ons the commercial developers use.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

1 hour ago, Avidean said:

Its still only Q1. I'm thinking Q3 if we are luck but more likely Q4 and that's about 7 months away.

If it is released in Q4 then it may be the longest Beta period in the flight simhistory LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

16 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

My obvious worry is that we'll no longer have RealAir planes nor the Flight1 Mustang.  There could be a huge, huge quality gulf between big iron and GA.

The RealAir Turbine Duke might be a casualty only because it uses Doug Dawson's 32 bit sound gauge file. Unless LM has decided to add the capability to call 32 bit DLLs from a 64 bit main app, the TD may not run properly anymore. Or at least it may sound like a glider. We shall see. There's always a hope that someone bought the rights to the TD from RealAir.

7 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

If it is released in Q4 then it may be the longest Beta period in the flight simhistory LOL

Uh, haha, you obviously haven't been following the development of Aerosoft's CRJ 700/900.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I wonder which 3rd party add-ons the commercial developers use.

Was that a Joke? I am Pretty sure Prepar3d qualifies as a Commercial Simulator. Have you ever looked at their web sites and content.:huh:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

Was that a Joke? I am Pretty sure Prepar3d qualifies as a Commercial Simulator. Have you ever looked at their web sites and content.:huh:

I was just curious what the companies use.  I know what we use.

Gregg Seipp

1 hour ago, shivers9 said:

Well, they do a good job of advertising entertainment products from 3rd party developers on their homepage - Orbx, Carenado, etc. While they primarily cater to the commercial sector no doubt, the flight sim hobby community is an invaluable resource. Truly a win win relationship.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I was just curious what the companies use.  I know what we use.

Redbird is one big customer...

On 3/5/2017 at 10:48 AM, shivers9 said:

It has been sometime now since we have seen any release of aircraft from the quality developers.

PMDG 744 QOTSII and A320X all in past month or so for P3D, these are pretty big really.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 3/5/2017 at 7:48 AM, shivers9 said:

It has been sometime now since we have seen any release of aircraft from the quality developers. Most are picking up a few bucks to feed the family making stuff for X-Plain. Me thinks that most P3d work is now looking forward to Prepar3d V. 4.0. I think it must be getting pretty close now.

How does A2A fit in to your speculation? Many would agree that they produce the most sophisticated GA aircraft for FSX and P3D. They recently just released the Texan and the Constellation - 2 incredibly deep and complex simulations.

Last week, I posed a question on their forum regarding P3D v4. The official response was...

"We have no plans at this time as we have no idea what will be required, if new software will have to be built what changes might be needed etc. Aircraft are an utterly different area to for example scenery design. Changes in the host platform can mean massive changes or totally new products for one but not the other and vice versa.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A"

So, while I agree that v4 is getting pretty close, I have to disagree with your reason why we should believe that is so.

2 hours ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

How does A2A fit in to your speculation? Many would agree that they produce the most sophisticated GA aircraft for FSX and P3D. They recently just released the Texan and the Constellation - 2 incredibly deep and complex simulations.

Last week, I posed a question on their forum regarding P3D v4. The official response was...

"We have no plans at this time as we have no idea what will be required, if new software will have to be built what changes might be needed etc. Aircraft are an utterly different area to for example scenery design. Changes in the host platform can mean massive changes or totally new products for one but not the other and vice versa.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A"

So, while I agree that v4 is getting pretty close, I have to disagree with your reason why we should believe that is so.

I  was not putting anyone down. I was just saying lots of stuff being released for X-Plain lately. No company can be blamed for holding off while P3d V4 gets sorted out.

• Upvote 1

Sam