Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3d v4

Isn't this the same issue we all faced when MS Aces was still developing new version of Flight Simulator.  I remember when FS2004 and FSX were released and all of a sudden nothing worked (especially aircraft) and we pretty much had to wait for the developers to release new titles.  Sure some stuff could be hacked and jammed in to the new sim by most of it was useless.  It took some time....think 1 to 2 years for everything to be converted over or new stuff released and we all did this over and over again.  When v4 is released, same thing will happen but a year or two down the road we will be back to where we are today.....complaining about frames and when will the next version be released.

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Don't forget, we still have our P3Dv3 running sim, so it will be easy to wait for all aircrafts to be compatible in P3Dv4 while flying our actual P3Dv3.

• Upvote 1

Some really good news out there Sir. Few hopes I have - 64 bit, new lightning system so I don't need to use PTA/Reshade and faster texture loading/higher LOD range is all I dream of now to have an awesome sim. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, woozie said:

aaaand at least something "official" from LM:

https://fselite.net/news/prepare3ds-next-version-will-64bit/

nothing new but at least we know its coming this year ;)

That's all well and fine but there was no clear indication that a 64-bit platform would be made available to the public.  As I understand the article, their move to 64-bit is more for the upcoming space program (The Orion Space Capsule Program)and other military/government related applications, in that they can create a more detailed simulator for those types of purposes.  As for the public side of things, there isn't any clear cut plan detailed in the article.  The user base has definitely increased since P3D's initial release, but would they be able to release a 64-bit platform to the public, since development of the sim coincides with more official usage?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

4 minutes ago, Jimm said:

That's all well and fine but there was no clear indication that a 64-bit platform would be made available to the public.  As I understand the article, their move to 64-bit is more for the upcoming space program (The Orion Space Capsule Program)and other military/government related applications, in that they can create a more detailed simulator for those types of purposes.  As for the public side of things, there isn't any clear cut plan detailed in the article.  The user base has definitely increased since P3D's initial release, but would they be able to release a 64-bit platform to the public, since development of the sim coincides with more official usage?

Until now, LM don't offer a "public" version for entertainment purposes, so yes, ou will be able to buy the new sim like you bought v3.

Philipp Schwaegerl

2 minutes ago, Zuendholz said:

Until now, LM don't offer a "public" version for entertainment purposes, so yes, ou will be able to buy the new sim like you bought v3.

Ok, to clarify...I meant public as it stands right now.  The ability to purchase a license through LM to use P3D.  The development of a 64-bit platform of P3D appears to be, for now, in the military/government sector, and them not mentioning the ability for someone to purchase a license for the 64-bit platform is what I am questioning.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

It was and still is for military purposes, so I doubt they will sell the new sim on a different way. And because ORBX stated their products will be functional in the new sim, I reallly think we will be able to buy the sim the usual way.

• Upvote 1

Philipp Schwaegerl

10 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Ok, to clarify...I meant public as it stands right now.  The ability to purchase a license through LM to use P3D.  The development of a 64-bit platform of P3D appears to be, for now, in the military/government sector, and them not mentioning the ability for someone to purchase a license for the 64-bit platform is what I am questioning.

Just run your own space program and you should be eligible for a license ;)

Jokes aside, given the increased amount of hints about v4 coming from people like John Venema or Rob Ainscough, we can safely assume that it will be made available for public as well (as long as we are not being entertained by it of course). Also it was already spotted in the wild on one of the devs PC's as Aerosofts Mathijs Kok 'accidentally' leaked a screenshot with the p3dv4 icon on his desktop

• Upvote 2

Just now, woozie said:

Just run your own space program and you should be eligible for a license ;)

Jokes aside, given the increased amount of hints about v4 coming from people like John Venema or Rob Ainscough in regards to v4, we can safely assume that it will be made available for public as well (as long as we are not being entertained by it of course). Also it was already spotted in the wild on one of the devs PC's as Aerosofts Mathijs Kok 'accidentally' leaked a screenshot with the p3dv4 icon on his desktop

No offense, but that is all supposition right now.  The "incident" pointed out on that computer cannot be validated properly.  Riddle me this: If LM is already in the stages of developing a 64-bit platform, why is it not advertised on the Prepar3D website?  Again, all of this talk is just hearsay, and anyone teasing its release, are bound by NDAs, which is merely a marketing tactic to drum up support and get the users excited.  Take it with a grain of salt until an official word comes from the source.

8 minutes ago, Jimm said:

No offense, but that is all supposition right now.  The "incident" pointed out on that computer cannot be validated properly.  Riddle me this: If LM is already in the stages of developing a 64-bit platform, why is it not advertised on the Prepar3D website?  Again, all of this talk is just hearsay, and anyone teasing its release, are bound by NDAs, which is merely a marketing tactic to drum up support and get the users excited.  Take it with a grain of salt until an official word comes from the source.

Of course its not official before LM officially announces it, but the sheer amount of hints, talks, statements in the last couple of weeks clearly indicates that the 64bit version will be made available for public. I dont think that John Venema would issue a statement to confirm that ORBX users wont be charged for the next version of P3D if it would be only for Governments, Space Agencies and Defense Industry members.

And in regards to the question why LM hasnt officially announced it yet. They are not a game company, so there is absolutely no benefit for them if they launch the hype train already.  It would just cause their forums to be flooded with the same questions over and over again as the community would go ballistic 

The only question is when it will be released for mortal human beings like us.... 

2 hours ago, Jimm said:

03/08/2017 An article appeared on Defense Daily on February 28th. It details an interview with Lockheed Martins spokesman Gregory Lester. In this article, Lester all but confirms the next version of Prepare3D will be 64-bit, and will be coming out this year.

Source: FSELITE.   , Google it

4 minutes ago, Glynn said:

03/08/2017 An article appeared on Defense Daily on February 28th. It details an interview with Lockheed Martins spokesman Gregory Lester. In this article, Lester all but confirms the next version of Prepare3D will be 64-bit, and will be coming out this year.

Source: FSELITE.   , Google it

You must have missed my quoting of that article in my original response.  It's ok, that happens.  While I have now been reminded more than once that it will be released, it still doesn't answer whether the 64-bit platform is being developed for the military/government sector ONLY, or if it will be made available globally.  Now if someone knows Gregory Lester personally and has spoken with him to address my question, great, let's get the sauce, but if not, then I kindly ask people to stop quoting me and rehashing what has already been posted. Thanks. :)

What is the logic of limiting the release of a 64 bit platform.  I think there is a very high probability that LM will not change their current licensing structure for the upcoming v4 release.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Calm down.  It's 64bit, and coming soon.  My birthday is only weeks away!