Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3d v4

3 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I'm intruiged by the 2 versions of P3D, 3.5 & 4.0 ....

I hope theres a good performance boost with DX12, but I suspect 4 will just be 64bit;

I'd like to see sloped runway AI support, unlikely though?

Id love to see FSUIPC taken on by LM and incorporated into the sim;

The 2 versions were made up, no one else has mentioned a 3.5 version IMO it's not needed.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been simming for just about 30 years, have flown commercial sims in the 20+ million dollar category, frequently, and P3D is the best home sim I have found to date. 

Could not agree with you more.  I too have had the same experience.

5 minutes ago, Riccardo Albani said:

Good morning  when relased prepar3d v4 ?

no one knows that yet

At this stage, I think the Avsim P3D v4 buzz is self-perpetuating, we've got a whole lot of threads at the top of the forum speculating about the 'impending new release'. I've just been over to the actual Prepar3d forum and I note that there's no talk at all about v4 there!

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

At this stage, I think the Avsim P3D v4 buzz is self-perpetuating, we've got a whole lot of threads at the top of the forum speculating about the 'impending new release'. I've just been over to the actual Prepar3d forum and I note that there's no talk at all about v4 there!

A few "crystal ball threads" on Facebook is about all besides the one's here. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Exactly...I can only imagine the level of fun V4 beta testers and other involved people are experiencing by reading these pointless threads.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Exactly...I can only imagine the level of fun V4 beta testers and other involved people are experiencing by reading these pointless threads.

The upside is that looking at the threads of  late on the P3D forum, there are almost zero threads regarding some problem with P3D Version 3. It would appear for the vast majority of users, that very few if any problems are occurring. That is pretty good for a flight sim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The upside is that looking at the threads of  late on the P3D forum, there are almost zero threads regarding some problem with P3D Version 3. It would appear for the vast majority of users, that very few if any problems are occurring. That is pretty good for a flight sim. 

V3 has been stable for me since Day One. Surely, I have some wishes for an improvement especially for LOD and AA, but I'm happy at 90% level with v3.4. Even if V4 is released today, I don't see myself on the new platform until at least Fall, since I do want to fly, rather than beta-test :-) 

• Upvote 1

I'm also happy with my 3.4 setup at the moment, but I'm also getting bored with the bottleneck in the addon development pipeline.  Maybe it's just me, but I think there hasn't been a lot of new airports or updates to existing sceneries lately.  My suspicion is that devs are waiting until post v4 release.  While there are plenty of payware airports I can fly in and out of, the rate at which new ones are showing up seems to be slowing.  

Meanwhile, I am also looking forward to the day that I don't need to restart the sim before descent to release all that VAS memory in order to land at a detailed airport.  It's a tradeoff I've accepted in order to have my settings where I like them, but it's time to move ahead with 64bit.  

How D'Andre got word of an imminent release before other devs or beta testers released any information makes me suspicious that it's just clickbait.  We shall see.  Hoepfully I'm wrong. 

John

• Upvote 1

I honestly can't see myself purchasing any 64bit version of P3D on release day. Compatibility with my aircraft and scenery addons is extremely important to me, and expecting this to be 100% perfect on Day 1 of the v4 era is just fantasy. I am looking forward to seeing any improvements and upgrades that will be included, and also reading the comments from new users. I am sure that they will be interesting :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, while laughing at our self-generated hype, I am also genuinely excited (which is why I'm here I guess!). I will absolutely, always be a day 1 purchaser for a new core sim update. IMHO, you guys with your 'lets wait two months until it's stable/practical' have some sort of 'newsim under-appreciation disorder', I'm pretty sure that's in DSM V and you can likely get therapy for it.

Mmmm....new shiny toy. :laugh:  

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

17 hours ago, eaim said:

Id love to see FSUIPC taken on by LM and incorporated into the sim;

Pete Dowson say  A future 64-bit Prepar3D may be the better target to concentrate on. We'll see.

i reckon if he want carry on working on it - that is what will work for.

19 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Well, while laughing at our self-generated hype, I am also genuinely excited (which is why I'm here I guess!). I will absolutely, always be a day 1 purchaser for a new core sim update. IMHO, you guys with your 'lets wait two months until it's stable/practical' have some sort of 'newsim under-appreciation disorder', I'm pretty sure that's in DSM V and you can likely get therapy for it.

Mmmm....new shiny toy. :laugh:  

Many of us  are counting  on folks like you to install it on day one and then we can read posts for the next few months on all the add ons that don't work.....:cool: