Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Prepar3d v4

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Many of us  are counting  on folks like you to install it on day one and then we can read posts for the next few months on all the add ons that don't work.....:cool:

We've all been there Bob.

Just now, ErichB said:

We've all been there Bob.

Been where, writing the posts or reading them? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been where, writing the posts or reading them? 

The former

Just now, ErichB said:

The former

Better sharpen your pencil and get lots of paper....

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I remember when V3 first came out, a lot of people were distinctly unimpressed. It sounds strange in hindsight - given that most of us love P3D v3 now - but the reaction in the first couple of days was pretty negative. Hence my (2015) post quoted below seemed a little radical at the time...

"Checked in at Avsim last night to see how the P3d V3 speculation was going and - whoa! - noticed that it's out. Was a little suprised to see that, after all the months of excitement and random circular threads, there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm for the new release." 

Tends to be the way in aviation simulation: months of breathless anticipation, followed by weeks of rage once the sim actually gets released.

"Active sky/my FS9-port airports/my complex jets don't work"

PLUS

"This should be a free upgrade, why do I have to pay for this!"

PLUS

"Some things are different from what we had before!"

Eventually we'll all calm down, the people who were trashing it without having flown it will buy it and we'll admit in a year or so that this is the best sim we've ever used. 

We'll see how the v4 launch goes, maybe it will be calmer this time...  :blink: :laugh:

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

FSW is released! P3D V4 the same day? Perhaps:biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Avidean said:

FSW is released! P3D V4 the same day? Perhaps:biggrin:

FSW was released last week.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mack84 said:

FSW was released last week.

Opps My bad

LM just changed the color theme of their P3D Forum ;-)

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

18 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

LM just changed the color theme of their P3D Forum ;-)

Oh yearh... matches the color scheme of their front-page... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well, if AirDailyX consider themselves as serious people, they should start streaming V4 in 15 minutes :-)

Arghhh....just saw a disclaimer " NOTE: Start time subject to change pending green light! "

1 minute ago, G-YMML1 said:

Well, if AirDailyX consider themselves as serious people, they should start streaming V4 in 15 minutes :-)

Actually its only 1547z now, so 1h13 to go

2 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

You may need to check the timezones, 17:00z is 1 hour and 10 minutes away ;)