Sign in to follow this  

New region on final: sneak peak!

Well, that's quite arid. Either something in the States, or Australia. Too bad, was hoping for some more countries/regions in Europe :P

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just now, france89 said:

Well, that's quite arid. Either something in the States, or Australia. Too bad, was hoping for some more countries/regions in Europe :P

Don't ask questions, just buy it! :biggrin::cool:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

Don't ask questions, just buy it! :biggrin::cool:

:laugh:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hello all,

Is this scenery fs2004, fsx, fsx-se, P3D Aeroflyfs2 or Xplane?

I think maybe I am missing the plot here but I cannot find a way to identify which forum this comes out of looking at the front page news.  Unable to identify this, I tried to find it on the forums page and it was not there.  However, I tried to hover over the topics in the forums and I found that, no longer, does it display which forum the topic comes from.

I have, and have no doubt, many others do too, all of the above sims and it would be handy (if not desirable/necessary) to be able to identify where the topic is coming from.

If I am not doing anything wrongly, can the moderators please note and maybe add the old hover feature in BOTH the Front page news topics and the forum topics please.

I would also be interested in knowing how others feel about this, BUT, only if this feature no longer exists. I am gonig to be mortified if it still does and I cannot find it. LOL.

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott 

Edited by himmelhorse
Dyslexic typing fingers

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

It's for Aerofly FS 2. And btw I can clearly see the path to this topic at the top of the page: there are tabs there and the Forum tab is active and directly underneath I see Home > Forums > Other Civil Aviation Simulators > The Aerofly Simulator and then the topic title. You don't see any of this? And on my smartphone, so on the mobile version of the site, I see a black kind of arrow with the forum title in it in the upper left corner.

Van Van E

Thanks mate. I missed that completely. My bad I guess.  However again, the source is not visible until after you select the topic.   Better than nothing but I feel the old system of identifying the topic by just hovering over it was great.  A personal preference admittedly.

Thanks for pointing out  my oversight though and I am again a happy vegemite.

regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, BaronKen said:

Colorado and Utah

What makes you think so? 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just my guess, but the last update appeared to enhance the textures in those two states. If you look at the map closely in Nav mode you can see the slightly increased resolution in both states, and if you do some flights I believe you will see the difference. Now, it's possible those area's were already enhanced and I simply missed noticing. That's why I am calling it a guess.

Hopefully we'll find out soon. 😀

Ken

On 3/5/2017 at 7:18 PM, HiFlyer said:
On 3/5/2017 at 5:32 PM, BaronKen said:

Colorado and Utah

I was going to guess an expansion of the SW USA as well, maybe NM as well.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

It is Just North of Moab Utah.  The airplane is flying south and to the right is Canyonlands National Park.  To the right in the distance is the La Sal Mountains.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:49 AM, gpf3m said:

It is Just North of Moab Utah.  The airplane is flying south and to the right is Canyonlands National Park.  To the right in the distance is the La Sal Mountains.

So; you're thinking probably the Four Corners area of the southwest?

On 3/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, Sesquashtoo said:

So; you're thinking probably the Four Corners area of the southwest?

I don't know how big of an area they will depict, but the photo is defiantly Moab, UT.