Sign in to follow this  
ALF1

Dual Flight1 GNS 530 s ?

I am going to buy my B200 tomorrow--cannot resist RMI and old gauge flying. That said, I also want the best modern era gadgetry. GTN 650 I own and is beautiful in my TCd Baron, thanks Bert. But neither the 650 or 430 is good for the B200, has to be the 530 either from Flight1 or Reality. Which one ? Flight1 has LPV capability. Reality is strugling to get the FSX version out.

Advice please, I might be confused on a few things here. 

If you are using FSX boxed, RealityXP has had the GNS gauges out for years, and they work well.  LPV included.

FSX-SE or P3D, different story.. only Flight1 supports those platforms (for now)..

Personally, I would buy the C90GTX, rather than the B200, and put a GTN750 into the panel.. (my mod).. but that is personal preference.

As far as RMI.. you know that the GTN and GNS gauges take over NAV1 in GPS mode, so your RMI is only good for NAV2 and ADF, unless your fancy GPS is in VLOC mode..

The C90GTX will give you bearing pointers on the EHSI that will do the RMI job..

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/505917-c90-gtx-avionics-ils-adf-vor-flt-plan-entry-need-help/?do=getNewComment

Bert

Thank you Bert, I already have the 350i and will put your GTN 750 mod in as soon as I PM you thanks. I realize that the RMI works with NAV 2 and ADF. That's ok,  I earned my intrument rating in 1981 and miss flying the old way. I just love the way that B200 panel looks. The Flight1 530 is painted to be an upgrade from Reality 530 in the youtube video by Goble. What is the difference with the upcoming 530W already released for X Plane but not FSX yet ?

Not sure what the upgrade would be, other than support for other platforms..

BTW, I do not have the 350i...

Bert

Mmm , looks to be the same panel as the GTX, however the three green landing gear lights dont work. They both have the proline 21. It would be interesting to see if your mod works in the 350i in its proline MFD, but Id hate to buy the gauge only to see it not work.

regarding the 530 from F1, I will continue to wait for RXP to release their 530W for FSX, it will come with crossfill, which F1 promises for the future as a paid upgrade.