Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

New Jetine Sim Computer with PMDG 777 @ 5Ghz

Here is a short video (shot from i-phone5) of my new Jetline Sim computer.  Jetline did the build and installed P3D, all the PMDG Boeings, all FlyTampa airports in US GSX, a slew of FSDT airports, FSUIPC, V-pilot Active Sky 2016, ORBX,  They did all the configurations and OC'd it to 5 GHz. These guys are experts in Flight Simulaton and surely know how to build computers that are optimized for FSX and P3D.

Specs:

Intel 7700K, Titan X Pascal card, 32 GB ram, MSI 270 board.  I added a 40" UHDTV as main monitor.  All settings pretty maxed out.  Graphics are stuning - crisp and clear.  I am getting 35 fps with PMDG planes at FlyTampa airoprts and NYC area, and >50 fps at other areas.  New 747 looks great.

• Upvote 3

Paul Gugliotta

4 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

Titan X Pascal card

Ouch.  With the debut of the 1080ti, this is some unfortunate timing.

• Upvote 1

Whatever you will buy, still if you max things out you gonna get OOM. Period.

• Upvote 2

Tom Link

Congratulations on your new system Paul. Hope you have many happy hours in the sim 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

The Jetliner folks are great. I've had one of their builds for around two years now - very happy with the product and the service.

• Upvote 1

Walter Berger

I think the titan x may out perform the 1080 ti.  So no regrets here.  The visuals with the uhdtv are stunning.  My reason for posting this is just to show that a real high end system can handle the new pmdg 747 with absolutely no issues and excellent frame rates - even with serious add on sceneries.  So there is hope out there for a painless flight sim experience.  My last 4 year old computer crashed daily so I had to upgrade

• Upvote 1

Paul Gugliotta

Lots of stutters in that video, typical of P3D. Seems it doesn't matter how much money or hardware you throw at it.

• Upvote 1

I have friends with Jetline machines, all very happy.   The stutters were probably from the IPhone5 recording. 

I have not had an OOM, since going to v3.4.  knock on wood. Clean install of W10, and P3D.

Lots of add-ons.

Jerry Friz

Maybe since I shot the tv with an I-phone 5 that you see shutters on a replay.  But when I am flying it it sooo smooth and crystal clear

Paul Gugliotta

You guys do realize he was using "replay" and it stutters or jumps in spot view no matter what.  FS9 never did but FSX/P3D does.  Has nothing to do with his phone or the setup.

• Upvote 2

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Congrats on your new system! Just a question...
Who told you that all of this is not possible with a bit older machine and lower specs? :biggrin: Jetliners? 
If we would focus on simming only (FSX/P3D) - this is a complete overkill that has nothing to do with texture quality, smoothness and etc. And as stated above - no amount of GHz or RAM or cash makes you safe from OOMing this all to bits. Its not the machines raw power that saves you from stutters or OOMs, its the selection of add-ons (PMDG 747 + Flytampa + ORBX) keeps you safe + P3Ds ability to deal with VAS better.
Why I am saying this? Because it is not very cool to tell people "get a REAL powerful machine like mine or die stuttering!" Why? Cause it's bravo sierra.   

• Upvote 1

So for like $6000 I could have that?

I'll pass.  Still using an ancient i7 920 at 3.8 ghz and a GTX480 and have no complaints here.

Jeff Calder

Thanks for posting - am seriously considering Jetline for my next system, so it's very helpful to see the video and hear about your experiences.  Trouble is, I'm having a hard time making the numbers add up - same thing that happens to me every time I think about buying/leasing a BMW.  Looks like a lovely experience, but... the cost!  So am more likely to do my own build.  But not decided yet and am considering.... seriously...  or have I mentioned that? :gaul:

Folks. Honestly. I built my own i7-6700k machine with a GTX 970, 16 gigs of ram and a Noctua NH-D15 air cooler that I overclocked to 4.6ghz for A LOT less than what  Jetline was gonna build it for. This was my first build and believe me when I say it, if I can do it with a little research on the net SO CAN YOU. 

I don't run any ORBX scenery because I'm more of a purist when comes to flight sim in that my main focus is the accuracy of the simulation and procedures. I just like to fly.  I usually fly too high to really take advantage of scenery anyways. It would be a waste for me. For those that fly mainly GA, yeah, I get it. Great scenery really makes it.

As you can imagine I don't EVER suffer from OOM's or stuttering or low frame rates with what I do. Not bragging, just saying.

I say this only to remind people of the fact that if you're gonna spend serious money on a system and you're on a budget you can have a great system that's gonna last quite a while if you build it yourself  instead of spending your money to have someone else build it. That extra money you're  spending to have someone else build it for you is much better spent, in my opinion, on components. 

But hey, if money's no object Jetline builds great systems and it certainly is easy but I will say this: I thoroughly enjoyed building mine. Nothing like doing a bench build prior to putting everything in the case and getting a good POST! Quite a feeling of accomplishment.

My two pennies. 

Mark Adams, KPWM

Agree that there's nothing like doing your own build.  On the other hand, I've been so flat-out with work the past two months that I've barely got any time for simming at all - it's only this week that I've been able to get back to a beta-testing project I've been neglecting, and the best I can manage is a series of brief engine ground runs to test a mixture setting.  So when I think about building, I also wonder where I'm going to find the time, and the idea of having somebody set up a machine for me that all tuned and ready to go out of the box is pretty appealing.  As noted, I'll probably wind up building the next rig myself, because I"m reluctant to spend more than I have to.  But paying a premium so you can just go flying is a kind of value, too.