Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

New Jetine Sim Computer with PMDG 777 @ 5Ghz

4 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

tuning by new Charger Hellcat 707 HP engine to 800 HP

See, this is where I'd be paying someone to tune my car while I assembled my flight sim PC.  Everyone has different priorities. :)

I have always found the reasoning behind "I don't want to" better than saying "I don't have time" for something.  People make time for what they find is important.

It's not that your time is limited, it's that saving $1000 here or there isn't important to you, which is fine.  I'm sure my view on life would be totally different if I had a 6 or 7 digit checking account too. (this is my assumption of what "rich" means, don't take it literally to the number. Someone already called me out nitpicking some phrasing like this so I'm putting a disclaimer on this one)

Jeff Calder

Anyway, I really just wanted to report that the new PMDG 747 with P3D and add-on airports,, ORBX, Active Sky2016, GSX etc is very smooth (>> 30 fps) with a 7700K OC to 5 GHz and a 40" UHDTV and graphics maxed out.  My old computer with 990x CPU and dual 590 GTX cards would crash with graphics 1/2 way up and get 10 fps.  

Paul Gugliotta

Very nice setup! 

Question, what kind of throttle are you using? 

You must be a very happy 777 pilot. ;)

Sante Sottile

The throttles are by ThrottleTek.  They are amazing, but cost $1500 and come from Central America.  

Paul Gugliotta

Folks,   By having Jetline build, and install all your add-ons, CORECTLY, is worth a lot   They run your new build for several hours testing....  Who wants to  waste a lot of time trying to trouble shoot, and re-install, etc.  Just look at the vast amount of problems on this forum, many are due to poor installs. Little things like turning off your Windows Defender, etc.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

7 minutes ago, jfriz said:

Who wants to  waste a lot of time trying to trouble shoot, and re-install, etc.

Me.  I find it enjoyable and learn something by doing it myself.

• Upvote 1

I prefer the self-build and install because that way I am in full control if something goes wrong. Having built and installed it, I tend to know a lot more of the internals on both a software and hardware level and do not find myself relying on others to fix something for me. Call me a control freak... :)

Perhaps I am just jealous of those with the cash to afford such a high-end system :ph34r: and not have to spend the rest of the year eating instant noodles :)

A

• Upvote 1

On 2017-03-07 at 11:38 AM, eNVee said:

Congrats on your new system! Just a question...
Who told you that all of this is not possible with a bit older machine and lower specs? :biggrin: Jetliners? 
If we would focus on simming only (FSX/P3D) - this is a complete overkill that has nothing to do with texture quality, smoothness and etc. And as stated above - no amount of GHz or RAM or cash makes you safe from OOMing this all to bits.

Correct.  Which is also why if this is a FSX/P3D rig, 32GB of RAM is also complete overkill, in addition to the GPU.  Im not sure Jetliners really understands how FSX/P3D operate.  Only XP64 would/could benefit from this high end hardware.

Self-built remains the best option by far.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

Im not sure Jetliners really understands how FSX/P3D operate.  Only XP64 would/could benefit from this high end hardware.

And you understand it better than the people who have built system after system for a least 6 years?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pcubine said:

And you understand it better than the people who have built system after system for a least 6 years?

Well, if you want to go there, Ive been home building for 20.

Matters not.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, pcubine said:

Probably.  Those who are squeezing every last bit of performance out of lesser hardware probably have a better grip on the ins and outs of the software than those with buckets of money who just throw more and more expensive hardware at it.

Either way this system is major overkill.  Nothing wrong with that, especially since the OP is rich.  But as someone who isn't rich if someone tried to tell me that this is the way to get good performance and took $4000 from me, then I found out I could get 30 fps flying into FSDT Vancouver for less than half of that $4000 I'd probably be pretty upset.

As a side note I find it odd that the video was shot with an iPhone 5.  A guy with a computer like this and spends $1200 on full motion sims hasn't updated his phone in like 4 years?  Possible I guess but that seems weird to me.

Jeff Calder

Damn I thought my post I was dead.  Now I have to explain why I use an old I phone 5s.  Well I posted somewhere: what is the best program to record P3D ?  So I will eventually do a HD video.  Now why an iPhone 5s?   Wifey and high school kid have the new I-phone.  Dad (who rarely uses the phone), have their rejects.  As Boomer states, it was overkill?..  But since old (former super computer) died, I wanted a new high end toy that will last 3 more years.  So back to my main point.  1  Jetliner did a great job. 2. The damn graphics are stunning and P3D with As2016, PMDG planes and flyTampa/FSDT addons is sooo smooth.  Just reporting the facts to give hopes to those upgrading that you can run P3D smoothly.   So Jcadder,  I hope you find my logic acceptable.  Lastly I really appreciate the people in this forum who helped me out through the years.  

Paul Gugliotta

I think its a true indicator of just what un unoptimized  piece of software P3D is that even on latest greatest hardware you cant get better than 35fps on a handbuilt fully configured for the job system.

DCS running a full A-10!model with brilliant scenery a far superior flight model and graphically amazing pulls almost 100.

My new system I7-7700 Gtx1080 x2 in SLI 32Gb ram gets..30-35 Fps around big airports.

Around big airports in Xplane11Beta i get...55-65 on one card non Sli.

The scenery with airports way overdetailed with junk you will never see or use is killing P3D which is already top heavy. Throw in a Pmdg 747 and if you dont spend top dollar on kit you have a slide show.

Do i care if the street signs in the airports are there? No.

Do i care for all the other junk thats bogging P3D airport scenery down? No.

Ridiculous memory crashes caused by loading loads of superflous junk into a sim thats years behind in code optimization running on an outdated chassis welcome to the world of P3D.

But i guess Lockheed Martin are using a similar model to the F-35...years late, code doesnt work and its way over budget...lol

Darren Howie

Yeah, but I love the FlyTampa KMDW airport.  You can see the White Castle burger joint  when taxing to RW 31C.  There it is  - just beyond the airport fence at Cicero and W. 53rd Street .  I can smell the greasy burgers and hear the random echos of gun fire.  That's the realism I want.

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

random echos of gun fire

A little Chicago violence to make it even more real.