Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

New Jetine Sim Computer with PMDG 777 @ 5Ghz

5 hours ago, jcalder said:

Either way this system is major overkill.

You can upgrade the memory if you like to 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 SDRAM 2800MHz  for only $331.50.

6 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Damn I thought my post I was dead.  Now I have to explain why I use an old I phone 5s.  Well I posted somewhere: what is the best program to record P3D ?  So I will eventually do a HD video.  Now why an iPhone 5s?   Wifey and high school kid have the new I-phone.  Dad (who rarely uses the phone), have their rejects.  As Boomer states, it was overkill?..  But since old (former super computer) died, I wanted a new high end toy that will last 3 more years.  So back to my main point.  1  Jetliner did a great job. 2. The damn graphics are stunning and P3D with As2016, PMDG planes and flyTampa/FSDT addons is sooo smooth.  Just reporting the facts to give hopes to those upgrading that you can run P3D smoothly.   So Jcadder,  I hope you find my logic acceptable.  Lastly I really appreciate the people in this forum who helped me out through the years.  

I've said all along your logic is acceptable. One I've said against it is what you're achieving can be done for far less money.  You've made it clear money is no object to you so that point is moot.

Only other point I disputed was people saying they don't have time to build a high performance flight sim computer, but we've been through that already.  I'm glad you're happy with your system, for the price you paid you probably should be...

Jeff Calder

12 hours ago, Boomer said:

Well, if you want to go there, Ive been home building for 20

Unless you have had dealings with Jetline Systems in the past I don't believe 20 years of computer building qualifies you to pass judgment on whether they understand or don't understand FSX/P3D software.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pcubine said:

Unless you have had dealings with Jetline Systems in the past I don't believe 20 years of computer building qualifies you to pass judgment on whether they understand or don't understand FSX/P3D software.

Throwing 32 gb of RAM (or more, for the mere price of $331.50 as you so eloquently pointed out) at 32 bit software is an indication that they might not be up to snuff on what benefits P3D or FSX.  However it is a good way to sell hardware one doesn't need for software that doesn't support it for an inflated price.

Jeff Calder

13 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Yeah, but I love the FlyTampa KMDW airport.  You can see the White Castle burger joint  when taxing to RW 31C.  There it is  - just beyond the airport fence at Cicero and W. 53rd Street .  I can smell the greasy burgers and hear the random echos of gun fire.  That's the realism I want.

??

Flying my heavy iron I aint never gonna see those things at 250+ knots.

Just needless CPU cycles.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Flying my heavy iron I aint never gonna see those things at 250+ knots.

I would hope you aren't doing 250+ knots on take-off or landing.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:54 AM, jfriz said:

I have friends with Jetline machines, all very happy.   The stutters were probably from the IPhone5 recording. 

I have not had an OOM, since going to v3.4.  knock on wood. Clean install of W10, and P3D.

Lots of add-ons.

Jerry Friz

+1 

Absolutely happy and enjoying and learning with my sim :D

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

On 15/03/2017 at 2:02 AM, paulyg123 said:

Just reporting the facts to give hopes to those upgrading that you can run P3D smoothly.

Paul, this is exactly what you should NOT (imho) be saying here on these forums. I'll keep it simple. There are myriads of hardware combinations/prices/brands that can quite easy pull the same sim performance as your new shiny rig. Must remind you that I am talking about FSX/P3D platform only. Many guys, with good computers struggle getting acceptable image and frames because of poor software setup or balance or any or other that kind of reason. They will come here looking for answers. And now you come here on AVSIM and talk like some sort of messiah, telling that there is a hope, just throw out your cash, sell kidneys or house and you will have 35 FPS at FT airport with PMDG aircraft. Come on, just stop! You are not giving any hope, you are killing it. So honestly, this looks like a squishy show-off to me. 

If you'd say that this was bought for future sims, X-Plane11 or any other game/software, THEN all I would have to say - congrats, this is a big one!  

To restore the balance - I have rather old rig with 2700k @ 4.8GHz, GTX680, Asus mobo and 8GB RAM. Assembled and installed by myself. Guess what, I have approx. the same result.
And I do not plan to upgrade it exactly for this reason. It runs like a charm, sim is beautiful and smooth. When there will be a serious replacement for FSX/P3D, I will do the upgrading.    

• Upvote 2

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 6:57 AM, pcubine said:

No, but the specs you posted do.  And, yes, I am qualified.  And it's overkill for p3d or fsx.

Don't take my word for it.  Get gpuz, it's free.  Run your sim with whatever addons you use, eg I run plan-g and as16.  Have windows system performance and gpu-z sensors running.  NOTE the massive underutilization of ram, cpu and gpu processing.  That equates to money you need not of spent.  Fsx/p3d are 32 bit apps locked to a ceiling of 4gb vas and no hardware can muscle past that

Not trying to ruin your day...I don't want to see this false hope floating around.

Understand, when I say Jetline doesn't understand p3d/fsx based on the rig they built for those sims for you, I'm actually being charitable, cause I'm really thinking something else entirely.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:27 AM, Captain Kevin said:

I would hope you aren't doing 250+ knots on take-off or landing.

might be  flying the Concorde :biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, Boomer said:

I'm actually being charitable, cause I'm really thinking something else entirely.

Chris

If you don't want to mention it on the forum just email me at mcubine1@verizon.net.

5 hours ago, pete_auau said:

might be  flying the Concorde :biggrin:

And even that wouldn't be hitting 250 knots on take-off or landing. Probably more like 200 for take-off, though. Though I doubt the Concorde would be flying out of Midway in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

7 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

And even that wouldn't be hitting 250 knots on take-off or landing. Probably more like 200 for take-off, though. Though I doubt the Concorde would be flying out of Midway in the first place.

than  again you never  know  anyway I  did  say might  and  had  a smiley  at  then  end of  the post

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

ENVee;

I am not sure if your ill intent against my post (You write  ...And now you come here on AVSIM and talk like some sort of messiah, telling that there is a hope, just throw out your cash, sell kidneys or house and you will have 35 FPS at FT airport with PMDG aircraft. Come on, just stop! You are not giving any hope, you are killing it. So honestly, this looks like a squishy show-off to me.)

You remind me of the new engineers we hire and come to work thinking they know it all and show no respect towards a Senior Principal Engineer like me - They don't last long.  May I remind you that I have been a member here longer than just about anyone else.

Compared to my 2012 high end machine, the new system gets 30-35 on a 40" UHDTV and 55-60 fps on a standard monitor with all sliders maxed out.  The old system got 15-20 fps with sliders turned down and frequent crashes.  So this is progress in my opinion,

Paul Gugliotta

On 3/15/2017 at 11:29 AM, DEHowie said:

I think its a true indicator of just what un unoptimized  piece of software P3D is that even on latest greatest hardware you cant get better than 35fps on a handbuilt fully configured for the job system.

DCS running a full A-10!model with brilliant scenery a far superior flight model and graphically amazing pulls almost 100.

My new system I7-7700 Gtx1080 x2 in SLI 32Gb ram gets..30-35 Fps around big airports.

Around big airports in Xplane11Beta i get...55-65 on one card non Sli.

The scenery with airports way overdetailed with junk you will never see or use is killing P3D which is already top heavy. Throw in a Pmdg 747 and if you dont spend top dollar on kit you have a slide show.

Do i care if the street signs in the airports are there? No.

Do i care for all the other junk thats bogging P3D airport scenery down? No.

Ridiculous memory crashes caused by loading loads of superflous junk into a sim thats years behind in code optimization running on an outdated chassis welcome to the world of P3D.

But i guess Lockheed Martin are using a similar model to the F-35...years late, code doesnt work and its way over budget...lol

Couldn't agree more.  P3D is indeed a sub-standard piece of software when you compare it to DCS and X-Plane in terms of performance.

P3D needs a major overhaul and I hope that P3D V4 might do that, but after waiting years since FSX days, I am not holding my breath.  I fervently hope I am dead wrong.

Before you start screaming at me that there is no comparison between FSX and P3d, yes I agree.  I acknowledge LM have improved things, but a quick glance at numerous issues plaguing this platform in the forums indicates a completely fresh approach needs to be taken by LM and that P3D has reached its limits given the addons available today.

If X-Plane had decent third party add-ons of PMDG standard, like the 737NGX, 777 and the 747 QOTS, I would switch permanently to X-Plane.

As a professional airline pilot (20+ years and 13,000+ hours operating the B737 alone), the only add-on in X-Plane which comes close is the IXEG 737.

Sorry for the thread drift, but had to get it off my chest.

Oh, and to the OP, you don't have to justify anything to anyone here.  Glad to see you are happy with your investment.  Enjoy !