Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Want bigger pop-up windows?

The pop-up windows are easy to resize by clicking and dragging but if you want a bigger window by default, you can edit the panel.cfg file for each PMDG aircraft.  For the 747-400, for example, I made the following edit to make the window 50% bigger.  I like to see a large map of where I am going, and to be able to read the fix names a little better...75 year-old eyes!

// 
// Zoomed Left Inboard DU
//
[Window08]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=10,10,10
size_mm=555, 555
//window_size=0.26015, 0.4625    // original
window_size=0.390225, 0.69375    // x 1.5 original
position=4
visible=0
ident=411
zorder=95gauge00=PMDG_747QOTSII!DU, 10, 10, 535, 535, 1 LEFT_INBD #12 ZOOM

There seems to be no effect on the sim that I can see except for the larger window.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

50 minutes ago, drdickie said:

The pop-up windows are easy to resize by clicking and dragging but if you want a bigger window by default, you can edit the panel.cfg file for each PMDG aircraft.  For the 747-400, for example, I made the following edit to make the window 50% bigger.  

Hi, Dick,

Thanks for sharing!  I have done the same thing for the 777 Left CDU. 

But remember to keep a backup as any update may overwrite the panel.cfg file.  You will need to copy only the modifications into the panel.cfg file newly created by  the update -- if you just replace the newly created, updated panel.cfg file with an older one, you are likely to create unexpected problems, depending on what is updated.  Same for any modifications to the aircraft.cfg file.

You probably already know this, but lots of people read this forum.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2