Sign in to follow this  
saywhuut0627

Hardware Advise for P3D V3

Hello.. i'm in desperate need of help.  i love P3D however i just cant put up with the performance i'm getting, and am willing to make one more purchase to my setup if it'll help.  My issue is with heavy layers of clouds, my fps drops to low teens and single digits and the choppiness is unbearable.  This is happening b/c I insist on using 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling because the blurry cockpit textures are unbearable to me.  My setup is i5 4670k oc to 4.5ghz, gtx 970, 16gb ram.  Performance for me is absolutely perfect unless there are clouds.. if i go sli on another gtx 970 would that help cure this problem while using 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling?

Your help is much appreciated.

You have to run SGSS?  You're going to need to compromise here.  A GTX 1080 might help but at a huge cost.  I just run default FXAA and that looks good I think

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1080 Ti.  Don't bother with a GP-104 based graphics card, they lack the memory bandwidth and ROP throughput necessary to run high levels of SSAA with adequate FPS.  Same goes for a second 970.  While it would help, a 1080 Ti is many times faster than a 970.  I would know, I went from a 970 to a Titan X Pascal.  It was like upgrading from an etch-a-sketch.