Sign in to follow this  
Tbur

Aid for maneuvering on ground (EFB?) QUOTS II

Hi,

I'm looking for an Electronic Flight Bag like aid which can be integrated e.g. like an iPAD or so  into the virtual cockpit. I essentially need it at least as an aid for maneuvering on ground at big airports. Other functionalities of typical EFB's are nice to have but not mandatory. I purchased Aivlasoft EFB. But this is a little bit cumbersome if you have only one screen. As I know it is not integrateble in VC. I think 747-8 has it integrated in the lower EICAS like 777 ??

Any suggestions/recommendations welcome.

Regards

Thomas Burchard

3 hours ago, Tbur said:

I think 747-8 has it integrated in the lower EICAS like 777 ??

It does not.  There is however an Airport Diagram on the ND in the real aircraft.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

19 hours ago, Tbur said:

in the lower EICAS like 777 ??

Where did you hear this? I have flown the T7 for three and half years and never seen it. I would b surprised if the 747-8 would have it either.

When PMDG comes out with the 747-8, there is an airport map and database function that will allow you to see taxiways, runways, holding markings, buildings, ramp areas, etc. When you have ARPT selected on the EFIS Control Panel and are in the 5 mile range or less, you will get the Airport Map on your ND. It will be worth waiting for. The EFB also has the capability of displaying an airport map, but many of the real 747-8s do not have it operational. The 787 has both the EFB and the ND functionality.