Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Sim Starter

39 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am clearly not using it to its full potential.  Need to relook at it.

I know, right!  Sheesh I guess i'm amateur compared to you guys.  I just set it up for IFR, VFR, VATSIM, and Night flying.  And only have it opening AS16 upon start.  

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

+1 from me, in fact I've just booted my sim via SimStarterNG.  Most of the replies before me have explained its usefulness.  One of the most handy features, any there are a few, is to launch all your addons with one click like ASP4, LittleNavMap, Plan G etc.  The tool also closes all applications automatically as well when you close the sim.

Another great feature is the ability to set your different apps to run on specific cores.  This is great if you run affinity mask setting and want to separate cores so your sim runs independently.  There really are a ton of features and well worth the purchase.

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I am clearly not using it to its full potential.  Need to relook at it.

It was kind of a slow learning curve for me, once i discovered its potential i was simply stunned by the possibilities.

Even 3rd party addon settings that are not set through the SimStarter GUI can be easily changed by copying the config file(s), like "CouatlAddons.ini" for GSX, or changing registry entries (i.e. PFPX) using the RunSet feature.